Page 1 of 1
Mystgunz
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
who used to play this online? i did
last time i played i was hideing behind a boat some place and a team mate team killed me and kept doing it so i i sniped him in the face and logged off didnt go back for awhile tryed going on and said master server failed so i found out they were offline.
i guess it wasnt popular enough for anyone to make private servers for? like tony hawk

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:59 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea. Never got around to trying this game out online. I bought it once, but the copy I got was from Blockbuster and it was scratched to hell. I ended up returning it for some other game and totally forgot about buying Rising Sun elsewhere.
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:08 pm
quote : #3
I had played it a bit there was a community of people who stuck behind it, I even saw some of the same players after a few nights ;
I believe the game had an annoucement that it was going offline or EA did something wrong they never fixed or a little bit of both.
Mystgunz
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:27 pm
quote : #4
cool good times on this game tho kinda miss it but atleast it has death matches offline

pannta
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:35 pm
quote : #5
Mystgunz wrote:
cool good times on this game tho kinda miss it but atleast it has death matches offline

i think i read somewhere on the site, that this game has lan if it dint reach the servers after dnas check or something!
or maybe I've smoked too much weed.
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:13 pm
quote : #6
pannta wrote:
Mystgunz wrote:

i think i read somewhere on the site, that this game has lan if it dint reach the servers after dnas check or something!
or maybe I've smoked too much weed.

Probably both Laughing I remember that LAN after DNAS thing to though.
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:23 pm
quote : #7
Yea, I really dug this game back in the day. My favorite mode was DM with Welrods only. It brought back memories of Golden Gun matches in Goldeneye. The game also had really smooth performance online, even in crowded games. By far the shining jewel in EA's tarnished online crown.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:34 pm
quote : #8
Rising Sun was awesome. It ran at a really solid framerate, and the online matches were fast and intense. I really miss it a lot. Also, like Mystgunz's says, atleast this game has offline multiplayer, where you can play fullscreen with bots. So you can sort of simulate the online experience atleast with bots. This is great because it lets you relive some fun moments of online, even if its against A.I. opponents.

I am hoping that we can try and re-create some of those great WWII moments on COD2: BRO (the featured WWII FPS here, since it has LAN and is online forever).
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:50 am
quote : #9
yea ill get cod2 on ps2 sometime, i had it on xbox before it was stolen, never played online tho. I really loved cod3 online multiplayer on ps2. The servers were trash and it was a lag fest but still fun, so maybe cod2 could be cool with lan and less lag.
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:36 am
quote : #10
The welrod will be hard to top though. It was a single shot pistol in MOH Rising Sun, that just had great mechanics. MOH Rising Sun had awesome sound effects. When your welrod bullet would hit someone, it would sound like it was sinking into the enemy like a knife to a sandbag. You'd just hear this piercing sound and then the person could groan "aaahahrrroahh". And keel over. It was so great.
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:06 am
quote : #11
lol im sad i missed out then, i played the game multiplayer once i my neighbors house cant remember much about it tho
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:32 pm
quote : #12
That community that you guys are talking about was the single greatest online experience I have ever had. I met a tremendous amount of people on MOH:RS people that I still play with today.........all we want to do is go back and play some ole matches of MOH. If anyone knows how to bypass DNAS and play on something like Xlink Kai please please please let me know.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:16 pm
quote : #13
Unfortunatly MOH can't be tunneled. Please see this news post for complete information on this.

Atleast MOH actually has the option for fullscreen single player deathmatches against bots. Few online FPS's without LAN have this function. I think Killzone is the only other one.

So at the very least you can kick around some matches against A.I. opponents and relive some memories. Wink
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:44 pm
quote : #14
I played this a few times online...last year i tried going online and couldn't log in. I tried the LAN and I thought that L. Nikon forgot to place this game in the list of LAN games but then told me they canceled that as well...>Sad...that sucks.