Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
New changes have been made with the Tribes AA Dedicated Server code. Server side adjustments were made to add brand new features, game fixes, and adjustments. Most noticably is a brand new turret!! Previously seen in PC versions of Tribes, the ELF turret is now up in the map "Quagmire" on select servers running the NEW AADS server code. The Electron Flux Gun, or ELF is a short range energy based weapon. It deals little damage, however it rapidly drains it's target's energy resources. After the ELF has drained your energy it begins to eat away at your health.

You could be cruising along in a Fighter ship, and get yanked from the sky and slammed to the ground as the ELF depletes your vehicle of all it's power...and mobility.

For those of you who want instant gratification, registered user Apple has prepared yet another cinematic treat. Video footage of the ELF turret in action: CLICK HERE

But these wern't the only changes made to the server code. Many more new additions and game fixes were applied to fix and enhance gameplay:
-------------------------
-The grav cycle now moves much faster now, and can gain high altitude on vertical jumps.

-Unknown changes made to the Fighter vehicle.

-Unknown changes made to the Transport vehicle.

-Unknown changes made to the Base Turrets.

-The "Auto Aim" system has been adjusted. More accuracy from the player is required now to hit moving enemy targets. (meaning auto-aim has been toned down a bit)

-MAJOR changes were made to the laser rifle. Now the laser rifle will kill light and medium armor enemies in 1 critical hit.

-Unknown changes made to the voice chat menu.

-Changing teams rapidly will now result in a kick by the server.

-Unknown changes made to the repair pack.

-Trees featuring poor collision detection have now been fixed. Meaning before certain trees enemy fire, and objects could pass through the trees. Trees featuring this anomolie have been fixed.

-Maps "Firestorm" and "Recalescence" both reign down Meteors which explode on the ground on impact, damaging anyone in their immediate proximity.
-------------------------
Meteor falling from the sky, along with impact!:

Deadly sniper shot with the laser rifle:

There are currently 2 servers at the moment (last time I checked) that have the enhancments. Dedicated servers featuring the tagline "New AADS" contain the new features.

If any further details come up we will update this thread.

Last edited by lordnikon on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:20 pm
quote : #2
The 24 player server has it, but not with ELF or meteors (same goes for the TWL NEW AADS server.)

Fighters changes are more realistic damage if you were wondering. Now they aren't so... invincible.

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:35 pm
quote : #3
thats sooo cool. the developers are very loyal to there fans. we need more of that in this industry.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:43 pm
quote : #4
wow itz kool how they can add so many new features to this game..i wonder wut will come next Razz

Metal_4evr
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:15 pm
quote : #5
How much has this game changed since it was first released? I rented it the day after it's release and it wasn't very good.

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:28 pm
quote : #6
Metal_4evr wrote:
How much has this game changed since it was first released? I rented it the day after it's release and it wasn't very good.

It's changed a lot, but not much. You have to be more specific about why you disliked it.

Metal_4evr
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:23 pm
quote : #7
Ok when I played it was pretty bland compared to 90% PC FPS. It had boring weapons and the levels were nothing special. Unless it now suddenly has a massive player base and/or it has been changed alot in a good way then I don't want it.

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:36 pm
quote : #8
Metal_4evr wrote:
Ok when I played it was pretty bland compared to 90% PC FPS. It had boring weapons and the levels were nothing special. Unless it now suddenly has a massive player base and/or it has been changed alot in a good way then I don't want it.

Enough people play and there's a solid community, but I wouldn't call it massive.

I see the problem. You're a PC guy. The maps and weapons haven't changed.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:00 pm
quote : #9
Metal_4evr wrote:

Well, if you've ever played either of the PC Tribes games, then you'll probably like this one. I can't say for sure though, as I have yet to get T:AA, but I have played both of the PC ones, and, though they are different than many PC FPS's, they're still very very good. But it's all a matter of personal taste.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:32 pm
quote : #10
Whats kinda funny is, I hated the PC versions of this game. I guess it was the overall look. Its too shiny, not enough textures. TAA on PS2, the textures are nice and grimy, and I like the jetpack animations wayyyyyy more than on the PS2 version of Tribes. Not only this but, the PS2 version was made by different developers than the PC version. Something about the PS2 version just really grabbed me. I am hooked on all things TribesAA.
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:56 pm
quote : #11
Tribes:Aerial Assault rocks, got it when i first bought my network adaptor (feb. 2003)
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:14 pm
quote : #12
holy moses this thing is old Shocked

The Sexy Nikon wrote:
-Unknown changes made to the Fighter vehicle.

yea, i can tell you the changes there...

The Fighters now get owned by snow and grass...

they are MUCH more weaker then they used to be.

But it is really funny when the prolaimed "all time greatest fighter pilots" try and mow me down now and their fighter explodes once it touches my head Laughing

the grav cycle is faster and more durable but until they put rocket launchers and free money in it, it will always suck Sad

And the meteors can sometimes get on your nerves. for instance, in firestorm, if it hits your base just right it blows up all of the invs Crying or Very sad

Apple made a kick-ass sig for my clan mate DietGarfield.

observe:

another thing that makes it tough for us base disruptors is the base turrets take 8 missles to destroy. and yet... only satchel Confused

And the remote turrets eat your head skin off if you go within 700,000 meters of them... when your trying to disrupt a base full of them... you'll understand...
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
Suppa Buddha
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:01 pm
quote : #13
I need to start playing again. EQOA took me away from it.
Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:03 pm
quote : #14
He made it. All I did was give him the frames. Laughing