TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Quote:
After registering a number of potential Grand Theft Auto titles earlier this year, Rockstar Games has today confirmed that the next game in the series will be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. A PlayStation 2 exclusive, the game is currently scheduled for release in North America on October 19 and in Europe on October 22.

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," said Sam Houser, president of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved, and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

"We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series, and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values," added Leslie Benzies, president of Rockstar North.

We'll bring you more information on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as soon as it becomes available.

I was hoping for a futuristic Grand Theft Auto, but this'll do I suppose. Hope this beats Driv3r, even if it did kick off the idea that free-roaming games could be done in 3D.

-Mytho

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:35 pm
quote : #2
Take-Two is eventually going to run this game dry. To me, the GTA universe is getting lame bacause all of the spin-offs are wearing down the appeal of the crime-baised series.

Metal_4evr
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:41 pm
quote : #3
It would be alot more interesting if they made it into a MMORPG...

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:47 pm
quote : #4
Metal_4evr wrote:

No, MMORPGs annoy me. The MMO genre needs expansion (especially in the MMOFPS market.) It would just have to be an MMOGTA. Something new for the MMO genre.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:09 pm
quote : #5
Even if GTA was to be a MMORPG, the ESRB, AP, and many other political figures would stike it down so much to the point where it would not even come out. 3000 fantasy figures beating the crap out of eachother vs. 3000 realistic people in realistic enviroments commiting bloodshed. It would just be a stepped up version of State of Emergency; which wasn't all that good.

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:33 pm
quote : #6
what does MMO stand for ????

Metal_4evr
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:08 pm
quote : #7
It stands for Massively Multiplayer Online (fill in RPG or FPS here). I dout it would end up like State of Emergency it they did it correctly and I think the online fee would be a deturrent for the little kiddies.

Suppa Buddha
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:06 pm
quote : #8
Metal_4evr wrote:

Not for this game. Like say you were running around trying to do the missions and some old lady in a hummer runs you over, I mean that would suck. It'll do fine as an offline game, its Grand Theft Auto.