Topic: hub

Page 1 of 1
wattsy
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:16 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
out of all the post i have seen i havent seen a senorio when a hub works on contecting to the net with a computer is there anyone that has done it?
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:22 pm
quote : #2
What are you trying to say? Please elaborate or re-phrase the question if my answer is wrong. A hub is designed to connect a PC to the net so why would it not work?

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:24 pm
quote : #3
your correct about connecting to the internet but a hub i really used for a BB connection to share a the connection with multiple computers or either used in a network to connect mutiple computers to share files .....

wattsy
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:14 pm
quote : #4
i know i have one to connect me 3 comps i was refering to the ps2 connection to the hub on all the posts iv seen i havnt seen a hub work on ps2
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:49 pm
quote : #5
Well I'm running off a 4-port Linksys switch which works great. Only set me back around $60 Canadian.

Suppa Buddha
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:21 pm
quote : #6
My cousin does that. He kinda explained it to me on how to do but I forgot and just got a router.
MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:04 am
quote : #7
i believe as long as you have a pc connected to the internet on one of your hub ports, it should work. i think thats how a hub and a router differ. you can just hook a modem to a router and all the machines on your network can access the internet. so sighn one of your pcs on your network to the internet, and hook annother hub port to the ps2 and give it a go. ps2's are pretty good at self configuring.
nikon and martinviking sceme to be the mose capable at home networking, maybe thell correct me if needed.

ok, i just read annother one of your posts, and your on 56k. so wait till someone more experienced that me replys here before you run out and get a net adapter. this is all armchair knowlege on my part. i own neither a router nor a hub.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:42 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
All you need wattsy is a crossover cable and a spare network card in your computer. A crossover cable can be bought for a few dollers. Its just a different kind of ethernet cable. So you have to have a free network card in your computer, the crossover cable connecting your PS2 to the network card in your PC, and Internet Connection Sharing setup.
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=234

Going to take some research and some troubleshooting to get it to work.