Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
harrykid
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:41 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC u/c
I can`t believe I paid 4 bucks for this game and noone plays or is there something wrong this my network?

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:21 pm
quote : #2
The master servers for this game were taken down, but you can still play using a new version of the master server that was developed by a member of the community here. If you would like to play, then try setting up a game in the game organization forum and adding it to the schedule. I'm sure you'll be able to find a time when some of us would play Tribes.

For more information, please read this post:
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3054&sid=71b620705eb2e20fb015605244d24 337

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:48 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea I would be up for playing this, just post up a time in game organization. It is best to give as much advanced notice as possible. Like if you post up in game organization a hour before you want to play, most likely nobody will see it time. try to give it a few days notice at least. Also, it would help to get an instant messenger program called jabber. It is the instant messenger that most online players here use. I also have many other messengers and if you want my nick on them send me a pm.

This game is great too because it allows bots to be used online, so even if it just us playing the bots will make the game fun still.
Posted:
Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 pm
quote : #4
harrykid, if you are bitching about 4 dollars, and coming onto this website complaining about no players, then you are in the wrong place. If "people" are your number 1 priority then go follow the crowds as they continue to re-sell their games back to GameStop every week jumping on the bandwagon for the next hyped release.

At OnlineConsoles we stick with good games and persevere to continue playing the games online we love to play. I know opponents are necessary to play against online, but it is the games that come first. Our passion for the games allows us to seek out and find other like minded individuals to play online with.

If you want to play Tribes or pretty much any other PS2 online game this site focuses on you need to mingle with the people. You need to push to organize matches. Patience and determination are a must. I'll be honest. For some people this is too much too handle, so they move on.

Have you played Tribes offline at all yet? It is a great game. I would personally pay $40.00 for it. So the fact that you got it for $4.00 is a steal. I say take some time to chillout and appreciate what a great game TribesAA is. Smile
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:11 am
quote : #5
Its not just 4 dollars I drove 40 miles to get to the store that had it plus the 50 dollar network adapter. Are there any games that people just play all the time and you don`t have to schdule a time? BTW I enter that number in the primary DNS and still I can`t find a server

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:46 am
quote : #6
If you want a game where you can hop on and play, try the SOCOM series, SWBF series, CoD2 or Midnight Club 3/REMIX. Off the top of my head, those are the most populated games, especially SOCOM.

Having to deal with low to non-existent player counts is the nature of the beast. It doesn't help that Tribes was officially taken offline and that the game has been out for almost 7 years. Nearly all the die-hards have moved on.

At this point, I would follow nikon's advice. In fact, you'll be kicking yourself if you don't, as Tribes has a learning curve to traverse before you'll get any serious mileage out of it. Shocked

harrykid
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:05 pm
quote : #7
Forget it online isn`t as great as I thought I`ll just going to sell the network adapter for 50 bucks if anyone wants it PM me

jjc5150
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:48 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
WOW, umm, I gotta agree with Lordnikon, Lazybum, Mytho and the others - and also point out that we've already discussed this on the dreamcast section of the site with you- if you set up a game in game organization at least a few days in advance (if possible) I know that people from the site will show up and play.

While I cant tell you what to do, all i can do is give advice from my own personal experiences, and I would do some research about a new game, etc before you shell out all that money without knowing the situation first OR anything about the game / hardware you are buying.

Personally I would keep the BBA - there are so many fun online games, as well as system link (xlink, etc) that you can use with it - especially all the games that were already recommended.
kennethffx2
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:40 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
I found this game twice in my town. I bought both copies. One is locked in my safe, never opened yet. And the other I use. Its summer and my contract with my job just ended, so me and my friend Stefan are looking to do some split screen online gaming on TribesAA. So start looking out for our server!

I will play as: Stealth-kid