Page 2 of 2
Adrianobr
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:14 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
A lot of people say that game has a lag on server but as for me it doesn't really happen. I like COD3 and intend to get COD2 soon.
My current online games i got and play: The fast and the furious Tokyo drift., Fifa 08 , NBA 08, Nascar 09, Killzone, Flat out 1, Motogp 04, Star wars the battle field 2, Call of duty 3, Test drive unlimited.
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:16 am
quote : #17
Gforce wrote:
Yea, I'm going to order this game soon as well. Still looking for an online FPS with excitement comparable to Battlefield 2:MC.

CoD doesn't have quite the breadth of options that Battlefield does, but the core shooting experience is much more exciting compared to BF. I'm pretty confident you will dig this game. Cool

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:09 am
quote : #18
TheMytho wrote:
Gforce wrote:
Yea, I'm going to order this game soon as well. Still looking for an online FPS with excitement comparable to Battlefield 2:MC.

CoD doesn't have quite the breadth of options that Battlefield does, but the core shooting experience is much more exciting compared to BF. I'm pretty confident you will dig this game. Cool

Haha, when you pull back, Battlefield barely has any options; only two game modes. Totally wack considering you should be able to do more with such high player counts. But chea, I hope to organize some games around it once I get it.
Posted:
Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:04 pm
quote : #19
Hah, cool so many people are interested in this game. Then perhaps we can get some games with just oc members going. I do not know about cod2 but in cod3 online there were tons of glitchers who ruined the game. Some had automatic rocket launchers and others like moved around super fast while prone shooting at people.
Posted:
Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:10 pm
quote : #20
lazybum wrote:
Hah, cool so many people are interested in this game. Then perhaps we can get some games with just oc members going. I do not know about cod2 but in cod3 online there were tons of glitchers who ruined the game. Some had automatic rocket launchers and others like moved around super fast while prone shooting at people.

I know dude Sad in COD2 theres no cheaters.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:28 pm
quote : #21
The game is on the way now Smile . All the local stores were selling gutted copies of it for new prices, so I decided to just buy it new off the web. Surprise surprise, I found it new and cheaper than the stores were selling it for..
Posted:
Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:40 pm
quote : #22
Well, my order of games came today in the mail. So I now have cod2.
Posted:
Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:31 am
quote : #23
YAY!

superhero659
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:39 pm
quote : #24
saw this for 4.97 , and i could not stand the lag of cod3, worth a get?

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:34 pm
quote : #25
You'll have to ask somebody who has played both CoD2 and 3 (lazybum is a good choice), but from what I've been told, CoD2 is a much smoother game online than CoD3. The framerate can get pretty choppy on the larger maps, though I have never had an issue with lag. There are also fewer glitchers on CoD2 from what I've discerned.

You really can't go wrong for $4.97.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:37 pm
quote : #26
Yea definitely pick it up for that price. Cod2's online servers work better than cod3's. Cod3's online servers were absolutely terrible and would randomly kick you out of games or not let you connect to the online mode at all. Cod2 can lag if the player count gets really high but its still much better than cod3.
Posted:
Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:11 am
quote : #27
The reason for the differences in network latency between these games is because of the different network kits used to develop the games. COD2 used GameSpy, where-as COD3 used DemonWare instead.
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:44 am
quote : #28
I think I might pick up Call of Duty 2: The Big Red One...since I get annoyed with cod3. I see about 15 games going on but then only around 5 of them I can actually connect to. When I do connect into a game, it's a very laggy experience,

SG-17
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:29 pm
quote : #29
I believe that Wal-Mart has a COD bundle pack with both Finest Hour and Big Red One for like $20.

After a little search, here it is: Call of Duty Legacy Bundle. $19.82
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10250530