lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri May 30, 2008 1:32 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
There was the Bolt Caster which Republic Pilots used in SWBF, and then there is the Arc Caster which Dark Troopers use in SWBF2.

It seems with each of these weapons the developers couldn't get it right.

The Bolt Caster is impossible to use as a Human player. Bots seem to be able to use it just fine, however if you try to use it, the thing is almost worthless. Atleast for me. I have a hard time getting headshots with it. The weapon is really difficult to use (am i missing something?).

The Arc Caster, seems a bit over powering with little skill needed to use it. It can impact multiple targets in a given area and does high damage. Very little skill is needed to use this weapon.

Each of these fire a similar electric pulse, but the Arc Caster actually engulfs the enemy in purple/blue electricity. It is indeed fitting for an empirial soldier named the "Dark Trooper".
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:18 pm
quote : #2
Is the On-Bolt Caster the same as the regular Bolt Caster? If so, then I have no issue using the Bolt Caster.

Are you charging it up to maximum capacity before firing? I always keep the On-Bolt Caster charged whenever possible.

Last time I played the Geonosis level on the oc.com server, I must have taken out 4 CIS droids and three Genosians with this weapon while capping spawn points.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:55 pm
quote : #3
The yellow striped trooper, that uses the Bolt Caster in SWBF1. That is the most worthless weapon ever. Yes it is easy to get kills on Geonosis with it since sometimes Droids and especially the Geonocians aren't moving and standing still. However hitting moving targets is near impossible. Yea I know you have to fully charge it to do maximum damage. I tried giving the weapon another shot on Kamino a few days ago when playing with Rommel. I was getting gunned down left and right.

Maybe I need to play like 10 rounds straight with the character before something clicks. It just seems like you need to get dead on headshots with that weapon on your first try for it to be very effective. Otherwise the time between your second recharge means almost certain death when you are engaging the enemy.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:53 pm
quote : #4
I agree, I have tryed countless times to make kills on moving targets and I usualy end up dead

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 pm
quote : #5
I think this is going to be a new challenge for me. To try and win a round using only the Bolt Caster.

Oddly enough this weapon has an entire history behind it:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DN_bolt_caster
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:16 am
quote : #6
It kinda reminds me of running around with a shiper rifle you have to charge up...

SG-17
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 pm
quote : #7
I could only get kills with the Bolt Caster when I charged it all of the way, other times it just didn't do enough damage.
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:35 pm
quote : #8
Are you able to successfully land shots with the weapon when moving and tracking a target on a regular basis? This is the biggest problem I have. Do you have to do a headshot to get a 1 hit kill? or does a direct shot to the center of the enemy's hit box do more damage?
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:42 pm
quote : #9
I always went for the chest since I thought that it couldn't get headshots, but I haven't played as that class in years (I think the only time I played as it was on Geonosis during the campaign).
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:38 am
quote : #10
I never use the class with the on-bolt caster...never good with it. Takes two fully charged shots to the chest. Just stick to the blaster rifle for me.