Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
gary_b
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:53 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i found this promotional item for The Getaway 2: black Monday at a flea market. i am not sure what it is though. the guy said it was given to him by someone who worked at a game store. i think he said the guy worked at gamestop, but i could be wrong. anyway i was thinking that it could be a pre-order bonus? inside this box that is about the size of a shoe box, it has a bunch of papers and a demo disc of the game. it also has a "Promotional Reel" DVD of the making of the game. if anyone has one of these let me know what it is and what it could be worth?

here are some pictures i took. click on them for an enlarged view.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:23 am
quote : #2
Many games sold through various stores were released with Limited Edition Promo materials. EBGames/GameStop did this heavily where they would make deals with companies to get exclusive rights to sell games with bonus extras. The problem is they aren't "true" limited editions like the MGS3 LE, or the FFXII LE. The serial numbers of the games are often the same as the originals, and the games were often advertised as "w/ BONUS" instead of Limited Edition.

Last edited by lordnikon on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:59 pm
quote : #3
yeah this doesn't claim to be a limited edition though. the actual game is not included in the box. it only has a demo of the game and a DVD movie, along with some paper work and advertisements for the game. i cant seem to find anything about it so i guess i would have to talk to a gamestop employee? i can get a new shrink wrapped copy of the game off of ebay shipped for around $10. toss it in the box with the rest of the shrink wrapped discs and keep it as a collectible.