Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
DFBelow
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:14 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
Actually, I was talking with 2 guys (Planning on getting a game going sometime) And they tried hosting a cd hosted server, but they wouldnt show up on the list either.

So something is wrong.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 am
quote : #32
Type: NTSC-U/C
The fact that you came to the master list on your own only to see no servers, and then you hear 2 other people having trouble playing does not necessarily mean anything is specifically wrong with the master list. There are all types of other anomolies such as opening network ports in their router/firewall or whether they made an error in their network configuration.

Please have yourself and another player try to play online. Then if you are still having trouble you can contact me on Jabber (my id is in my profile), and if I am online and available I can help troubleshoot any potential problems that may be happening.
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:51 am
quote : #33
Ok, I will get on tonight and hopefully play for a couple hours. Maybe you can come play Smile

Oh, and the clan I was speaking of, was just me...lol.

There was one other guy, but he doesnt know how to get his slim ps2 on dial up.

Cj22
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:51 pm
quote : #34
wow it's been forever since i've played this game online!

is this master server thing still working??

I changed all the settings last night & hosted a cd server for a while tonight & didnt see anyone, was wondering if it showed up on the master server list?

it was called TEST-JOIN! Cool

good to see you guys are still kicking it. if i ever get this working right id love to get up & play a few games with you guys again! Twisted Evil

DFBelow
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:14 pm
quote : #35
Yeah, what time did you host yours?

I checked the master server 2 times, and didnt see anyone's server.

I also hosted one for around an hour and 15 minutes.

I checked the server list, in between since my game froze twice.

I'll host again tonight around 7PM central time (Maybe later, earlier)

Please come and try to join.

aslo, it doesn't really mean anything if it shows up on the logs, it actually matters if the other players can see the servers. Which I do not think is happening.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:20 pm
quote : #36
lazybum and I also had trouble connecting to each other through the master list. We also experienced freezing on the master list as well.

For the time being, Xlink is the only method of playing Tribes online.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:39 pm
quote : #37
DFBelow wrote:
aslo, it doesn't really mean anything if it shows up on the logs, it actually matters if the other players can see the servers. Which I do not think is happening.

I never said the fact that it was merely showing up in the list was the end all proof that things are functioning properly. I merely want people to actually do thorough testing so I know something is actually wrong. Otherwise I have to get up and start powering on devices and retesting things myself and contacting people to cross compare every single time someone says "I can't get this to work". As long as I know people are providing tested accurate information then it is something we will look to correct as soon as possible. Smile
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:18 am
quote : #38
It would be cool if you could see what is up with this issue. Seems like another person here is having the same problem.

Just wanna play online again Smile

Thanks.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:11 pm
quote : #39
It should be working again DFBelow. Call your friend up and give it another shot.

I will try testing it out myself later this week.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:00 pm
quote : #40
DFBelow, you really need to be more patient. I understand you want to play Tribes, but realize that not only does it take time and focus to solve the problem, but there are many other tasks that need to be completed. We are aware of the possible issues concerning the TAA master list and are looking to get them solved as soon as our schedules permit.

Realize that I myself spent almost 15 hours non-stop yesterday working on various website related duties and technical research relating to these consoles. I then woke up today at 5:30am and have been working non-stop since then which is about (looks at the clock) 10 more hours of non-stop work. I have people over at the GameCube website who are spending in upwards of $150.00 or more on game software and hardware necessary to play an Import game online called Homeland. However they are waiting for a detailed beginners translation guide as well as gamesaves that enable network play before they can even begin to try the game online. The fact that the TAA Master List isn't fixed yet isn't because we are sitting back in beach chair drinking pina colada's, smoking cuban cigars, while ordering fresh lobster. Cool If something isn't fixed yet, it is because there are a lot of other tasks that need to be attended to, as well as the fact that reverse engineering software is not an exact science. So please do be patient.

If you want, you can try playing Tribes online right now. It would help out with our testing. The master list was rebooted a few days ago, with no new server attempts. As tested in the past this has worked just fine with PS2 hosted servers. Our current theory is that users are trying to use AADS software, and after so many listings, it is breaking the list software. So at the moment of this writing you should be able to get a game going. Just be sure to host from the PS2 and not AADS.
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:37 pm
quote : #41
Type: NTSC-U
I also had trouble connecting Friday Night - with the list freezing, etc - but I just tried it out again and it seems to be working. I also hosted a 30 minute match - although no one joined, seems to be working ok.
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:55 pm
quote : #42
I just got my new slim ps2 so I could help test this if it is needed.
Posted:
Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:50 pm
quote : #43
Just a heads up to everyone, we have indeed located some bugs in the Master List and have been working towards correcting them. We should have a new one up very soon. Thanks all for your input and testing, as well as your patience.
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 am
quote : #44
TAA is still alive, im gonna have to get a game going with you people. I haven't played for maybe two years.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:32 pm
quote : #45
Okay guys, we finally feel we have sorted out all of the bugs. The master list build is now at version 2.1! When you get a chance, please test it out. Me and DreamcastTM tested it and were able to successfully host and see each others games in the list.

This new version has a "dummy" server listed that will let you know you have connected to the proper master list and are online. Please test this with some players and let me know how it goes. This hopefully should be all fixed and we can continue playing TribesAA.