Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:13 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
When you stand a fat PS2 vertically the main power switch is to the bottom of the console. If like me you stand your PS2 vertically near other electrical items and consoles due to a lack of space this can cause a problem. When I want to power on the PS2 my hand has to go down the back into a confined space negotiating wires from various items along the way. Switch should have been at the top when stood vertically. I am very mad Razz

Laters
Posted:
Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:17 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea haha that sucks, however you could just leave your ps2 in standby, i cant imagine it uses that much power.
Posted:
Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:42 pm
quote : #3
lazybum wrote:
Yea haha that sucks, however you could just leave your ps2 in standby, i cant imagine it uses that much power.

Not possible to leave it on standby. I have a one year old that switches on and off anything and everything with a light on it. Seeing as the PS2 has the disc eject draw also in the same place he would then probably open that too and swing on it or something Very Happy

Laters
Posted:
Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:11 pm
quote : #4
I have seen devices in the past that you could buy that moved the back power button to the front of the game console. It was an attachement of sorts that let you physically flip the switch from the front.
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:39 pm
quote : #5
that sounds interesting. I've also never heard of standing a PS2 vertical in the first place.
Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:15 am
quote : #6
No_Limits wrote:
that sounds interesting. I've also never heard of standing a PS2 vertical in the first place.

talk about your name...hahahah....just kidding!

but yeah, like L. Nikon said...The attachment!
I'm sure I seen a few of those at Fry's where the freaky power switch button is in the front of the console while at the same time having the PS2 vertical!

the only vertical stand I ever purchased was my Dream Gear multitap! so I don't know much about many other vertical stands and their crazy features!
Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:49 am
quote : #7
Kannibal wrote:
talk about your name...hahahah....just kidding!

haha, I should of thought of that...maybe it can also balance on one edge for cool looks...

These vertical stands and devices that allow the switch to be in the front aren't official PS2 products are they? I mean did Sony make any of these?
Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:43 pm
quote : #8
I'm not sure myself, but all I know is that they might have made some, but are really difficult to find...

not if you you Ebay!!!

mwahahahahahaha

I'd buy one just for the sake of still showing some love to my PS2!
but my PS2 died so I use it's LittleBigBrother to play my PS2 games now!