Topic: Serious Sam: Next Encounter

Page 1 of 1
shrap
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i played this online something like four or five years ago. some of the guns can really dominate online and it felt sort of broken. i very much preferred the single player of this game with the loads of enemies.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:38 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
From reading people's impressions here on the site, it sounds like this game's online is something to avoid. Apparently the character models are ridiculously skinny and some almost make the person look invisible.
Posted:
Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:58 am
quote : #3
lazybum wrote:
From reading people's impressions here on the site, it sounds like this game's online is something to avoid. Apparently the character models are ridiculously skinny and some almost make the person look invisible.

Its playable but its not fantastic. I have always wanted to play it with more people online, think the most we ever managed was 3. Ive played this quite a few times with Segadreamcaster. The characrtor models are skiny but its still possible to kill people. Quite a good variety of maps, one around old fashioned streets was actualy quite fun when we had a 3 player game on.

I can still play this as the server is up or was up. I could play this on Friday or Saturday if anyone just wants to try it out.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:21 pm
quote : #4
This game is fantastic for single player, but not for online. The player models are too thin and small. Also their movement on the map is so sketchy making them impossible to track well.

Last edited by lordnikon on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:32 pm
quote : #5
shame though about the problems, this game seems like it had good potential online
Posted:
Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:07 pm
quote : #6
The interesting thing about Serious Sam is that, while competatively this game is a trainwreck, if only they had implemented co-op online it would have saved it. Instead of shooting paper thin player skins that skip around the map, you could shoot down hordes of large enemies. (Though syncing this positional data could have caused some high network latency).

I cannot remember, the offline splitscreen does have co-op right?
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:48 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
I cannot remember, the offline splitscreen does have co-op right?

Hyuuuuup.