Page 1 of 1
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
How is this game's online Co op? I heard it is only 4 levels, but are they fun at least? Also, how is the singleplayer? I know a few guys here have the game and I am curious to hear what you think of it.
Posted:
Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:10 pm
quote : #2
Rogue Trooper's online co-op mode gets stale after an hour of play. There are only a handful of missions available for co-op, three of which I believe are similar to the campaign missions in terms of structure (I.E. Run around in a linear level, kill enemies and perform objectives). The remaining two missions have you protecting an NPC in a fortress in increments of 5, 10 or 15 minutes. These are the most intense co-op missions by far, since you are battling enemies nearly the entire time you are playing. Though even these missions become repetitive, since the enemies always spawn in the same spots, the snipers always appear in the same locations, etc.

The good news is that the campaign mode and the actual game itself is of high quality. I haven't beaten the campaign myself, but I enjoyed what I played so far. It's the standard 'go from Point A to Point B, kill all who stand in your way, and perform some type of objective' linear gameplay, but it has some charm to it. The controls are responsive, the gameplay is fun and the cinematics make you feel like you are part of a larger conflict while still focusing on your accomplishments throughout the campaign.
Posted:
Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:49 pm
quote : #3
Yea the single player is decent, but online the experience gets old so quickly. Me and Mytho had to start inventing ways to try and make the missions more difficult to extend fun factor. There just isn't enough meat on this games online mode.