Page 1 of 1
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sat May 30, 2009 2:17 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just found one of these at a thrift store today for 2 bucks. I probably wont ever use it but couldn't resist that price. I see it lets u have memory cards plugged into it as well, so I was wondering if you could plug in all your memory cards at once using it and if all ps2 games would be able to detect that many at once.

I also am wondering y Sony decided to only make 2 controller ports in the first place on ps2. Was multitap just a way for ps2 to snap up some extra cash by making people needlessly pay for it when they could have put in 4 controller ports on the console?
Posted:
Sun May 31, 2009 11:09 pm
quote : #2
well....actually, for the memory cards, it depends on the game...some games let you use multiple memory cards for ranking, options, yada yada yada.....you get the point...

I just think sony forgot to put in two extra controllers...or they wanted to keep the tradition running [ps1 had 2 ports...nobody whined about that...maybe one person...but yeah]
Posted:
Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 pm
quote : #3
What should be noted is that apparently, some games let you play with up to eight players if you plug a second multitap into controller port 2! (I've never tried it, but I saw "Players 1-8 (Multitap)," or something, on the back of a Madden game, and read about it on the internet.

Also, some games, including Tekken 5, don't function properly if a multitap is plugged in. (It will only recognize the first controller.)

Rommel
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:29 pm
quote : #4
I have never seen a 8 player game...

Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:47 am
quote : #5
MasquedWarrior wrote:
What should be noted is that apparently, some games let you play with up to eight players if you plug a second multitap into controller port 2! (I've never tried it, but I saw "Players 1-8 (Multitap)," or something, on the back of a Madden game, and read about it on the internet.

Also, some games, including Tekken 5, don't function properly if a multitap is plugged in. (It will only recognize the first controller.)

Unless the multitap is connected as second Player!!!
Posted:
Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:33 pm
quote : #6
Type: PAL
I think the PS2 will recognize all the memory cards. I once put in 4 in the multi tap and one in the other controller port and it worked as far as I remember. It'll probably work with another multi tap too. Would be a weird sight to see 8 memory card icons in the browser. Laughing
Posted:
Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:29 am
quote : #7
my friend has an imported multi tap from hong kong or something and the analogs won't turn on!

could it be a malfunction? or because it's so low end that it's like that?
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:09 pm
quote : #8
8 player games, I think sport games like FIFA allow that.. it would be really crazy getting 8 controllers, and 8 people willing to sit down to play something like that lol.

I'm still willing to buy a multitap if I find any good deal, but I don't have many games that are worth it at the moment.

Alien Hominid does work with 4 players in PS2??, because that game is nuts.