Previous  1, 2
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:46 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
It could be something to do with a leap year mixup. The sniper elite servers were not working for a few days apparently during this same time and other consoles have had huge problems. Hopefully it is just a leap year mixup that messed with the servers. Even if it was something that minor that was breaking the servers, I still don't have much confidence EA would spend 10 minutes to fix it though haha.
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:32 am
quote : #17
No_Limits wrote:
well they never officially said it was going offline for PS2, and the servers last August for down for over a week, so there's still a chance its not for good

There are many situations where terminated games were not pre-announced to go offline. Outrun 2006 and Project Snowblind are immediate examples that spring to mind.

Remember, in previous threads it was already confirmed that EA had specifically contacted GameSpy to shutdown BF2MC. However GameSpy reported that the marketing team at EA did not submit the proper documentation.
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:49 pm
quote : #18
"EA may retire online features after 30 days notice posted on battlefield.ea.com." (on back of the BF2MC case)

If they don't follow this, couldn't someone technically take legal action against them, or would they have some sneaky way of claiming no responsibility for that statement as of 2010?

EDIT: The servers are back up, I tested myself.
Posted:
Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:05 pm
quote : #19
Is account creation still broken?
Posted:
Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:34 pm
quote : #20
Hey guys since BF2MC is still in limbo, lets shift all technical troubleshooting over to the large thread already in progress about BF2MC. Thanks Mr. Green
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:50 pm
quote : #21
burnout 3 takedown gets dismissed 4/15 !