Page 1 of 1
MasquedWarrior
rank 7
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2010 9:04 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Which games released in North America and Japan do not require authentication to DNAS?

gary_b
rank 8
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2010 9:11 pm
quote : #2
i thought sony made every game go through DNAS?

DiMiaN
rank 2
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2010 1:56 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
Why you need to know that? You can edit the DNAS codes, and theres an up-to-date list on the net with DNAS...
I only know one game that is still online that doesnt require DNAS, and that is Midnight Club 2.

MasquedWarrior
rank 7
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2010 8:03 am
quote : #4
DiMiaN wrote:
...You can edit the DNAS codes, and theres an up-to-date list on the net with DNAS...

Could you please direct me to this list?

The reason why I'm asking this is because I was considering importing some Japanese PS2 games to play online, but I don't have to worry about getting my PS2's network adapter banned from DNAS, and I don't want to spend ~=200 USD on a Japanese PS2, either.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2010 12:10 pm
quote : #5
I think if you want to edit DNAS ID's, you have to get an image of the game and patch it. Something that may very well require a chipped PS2.

A site that may be able to help you is SKS Apps. The site has 2 guides detailing different methods of how to do it on the page I linked you to. Just scroll down until you see bold green letters that say "Online" and you should be able to see what you need.
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2010 8:12 pm
quote : #6
the first socom, i think!
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2010 10:08 pm
quote : #7
Tribes: Aerial Assault
Posted:
Fri May 07, 2010 5:09 pm
quote : #8
Gforce wrote:
I think if you want to edit DNAS ID's, you have to get an image of the game and patch it. Something that may very well require a chipped PS2.

A site that may be able to help you is SKS Apps. The site has 2 guides detailing different methods of how to do it on the page I linked you to. Just scroll down until you see bold green letters that say "Online" and you should be able to see what you need.

Thank you for the link! I am considering modding my Playsation 2, although I'm not quite sure I'll even do that, as nearly all games that are currently playable online in Japan require paying a monthly fee. I avoid paying to play games online, when possible.

DiMiaN
rank 2
Posted:
Fri May 07, 2010 7:01 pm
quote : #9
Type: PAL
If you are interested in modding, you can softmod with usb-stick. Play burned games with only a memory card Smile