Topic: FF:XI = Lag?

Page 1 of 1
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:02 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was reading that Final Fantasy: XI for the PS2 will only allow both Broadband and dial-up go to a max of 56k bandwith. If this is true, will this cause lag?

Last edited by Dark Slayer 5000 on Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:07 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
From my experience on the PC version, it doesn't cause lag. People on dial-up just have more of a chance of getting dropped from the servers. That's all.

-Mytho

Suppa Buddha
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:10 pm
quote : #3
TheMytho wrote:
From my experience on the PC version, it doesn't cause lag. People on dial-up just have more of a chance of getting dropped from the servers. That's all.

-Mytho

Yeah thats what I heard too. No one should have that cursed dial-up anymore anyways.
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:16 pm
quote : #4
Suppa Buddha wrote:
Yeah thats what I heard too. No one should have that cursed dial-up anymore anyways.

It hurts me to say this, but there are people out there that put up with the slow connections, used phone lines and frustrated attempts to connect to the internet. The sad thing is they pay $21.95 a month, even more for multiple accounts. Crying or Very sad

-Mytho

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:25 pm
quote : #5
People are going to have to eventually change. I read in my Maximum PC that by 2007 all internet connections will be broadband only and dial-up will be no more.

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:29 am
quote : #6
oh yeah. thats the way things have to go. you know we have the least bandwith per capita in the world? i think italy was the most. now thats just backward.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Sephiroth Sin
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:40 am
quote : #7
i just read the review of FFXI on ign.com and they say that it runs smoothly on broadband and dial-up.

here's the link.

http://ps2.ign.com
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:42 am
quote : #8
Sephiroth Sin wrote:
i just read the review of FFXI on ign.com and they say that it runs smoothly on broadband and dial-up.

here's the link.

I don't trust IGN because it's just a fanboy site that hypes up everything whither it be good or bad. Remember, they said that the N-Gage was a GBA SP killer before it was even released. lol

Sephiroth Sin
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:40 pm
quote : #9
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Sephiroth Sin wrote:

here's the link.

I don't trust IGN because it's just a fanboy site that hypes up everything whither it be good or bad. Remember, they said that the N-Gage was a GBA SP killer before it was even released. lol

true, and they always get the dates wrong for games.

they really said that about N-Gage? thats just wrong.
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:55 pm
quote : #10
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Sephiroth Sin wrote:

here's the link.

Me too they had ad ad thing on thier website saying that FFXI for PS2 comes out on March 16th.
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:10 pm
quote : #11
Sephiroth Sin,

Yea they said that the N-Gage was going to be the best handheld in the world, and IGN and Nokia talked some major crap about Nintendo months before the N-Gage's release. I mean look at the N-Gage's games, they are the same as the GBA's but are $10 more and you need to basicly need a employee from Raido Shack to put the game in for you. I dispise Nokia for their hateful remarks.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:11 pm
quote : #12
Radioshack:

YOU HAVE ANSWERS, WE HAVE QUESTIONS

-Mytho