Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:39 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wondering if there is a utility that can rip audio from PS2 games. The games in particular I want to extract audio from are Zone of the Enders 2 and Wipeout Pulse.

I know there is a utility already out there for the GTA games, but the file formats for the games I'm looking to rip are likely different.
Posted:
Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:32 pm
quote : #2
Never heard of one, or thought of doing something like that for that matter. You could record the game using a capture card or dvd recorder, then separate the audio from the video once it's on the computer.
Posted:
Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:33 pm
quote : #3
If you've soft modded your PS2, you can use a file browser like PS2Menu to extract the raw file off the game DVD. I was able to copy a cinematic from my copy of Burnout 3 to a flash drive and then successfully play it on my computer with VLC media player using this method.
Posted:
Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:47 pm
quote : #4
Gforce wrote:
If you've soft modded your PS2, you can use a file browser like PS2Menu to extract the raw file off the game DVD. I was able to copy a cinematic from my copy of Burnout 3 to a flash drive and then successfully play it on my computer with VLC media player using this method.

That's exactly what I'm looking for Gforce. I'm a little hesitant to soft mod my PS2, but when I get around to it, I'll check that out.

I'll also have to check PCSX2 out and see if that can extract audio from games. I could have sworn it was possible, but I may be mistaken.