Topic: The Legend of Dragoon

Page 1 of 1
MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:02 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
If there's any RPG that I would want to play from the PS1-era now, it would be the Legend of Dragoon. I played the crap out of a demo of the game and always regretted never checking out the full deal back in the day, but wondered if anyone here had played the actual 3(?)-disc game and what your thoughts were.
Posted:
Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:50 pm
quote : #2
I've got 2 copies of this game, the original and the limited ed. WOW, amazing. Best RPG hands down for the ps1.

~treey

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:30 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Quite a well-done game. Good production values, decent graphics, solid music (listen to the BGM when you are in the character set-up screen, very soothing), and an enjoyable story peppered with humor. The only problem that I have with it is that it cribs a fair deal of the presentation and overall structure from Final Fantasy 7. Rumor has it that the game was radically different before FF7 was released and Sony made FF7 a benchmark to their own Legend of Dragoon.
Posted:
Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:58 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
After a bit of reminiscing with a friend about Legend of Dragoon, I found the aforementioned menu music on Youtube. What an amazing track. It was even better than I remembered! Very Happy

If anyone would like to listen, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htZDQ40gocM

Listening to this makes me want to finally break down and buy a copy of this game. If nothing else, I'd be curious to see how well it has held up. The last time I played it was back in the summer of 2002, so it's been a good 8 years. I enjoyed it quite a bit back then, but I was an RPG obsessed kid at the time.

If Treey ever stops by again, I would like to hear more about the limited edition. I never knew this game had a limited edition up until he mentioned it.