Page 1 of 1
Rock_strike
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hi i m portuguese my ps2 is pal but i run some NTSC game on my ps2!but i wanna know how online works on ps2, the online PAL games have the same players than in NTSC version??if they are not the same witch version has more players??

what is footbal game that still works online?fifa and pes??

and why some pal versions dont have online play and some have?in here Need for speed undercover has no online but the germany version has, and i think its pal!

please help me!

and sry about my english! Very Happy

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:45 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm not sure which version (PAL of NTSC) of games have more online players as I have only played on NTSC games. Some games have the same players on PAL and NTSC though and these games are "cross-region" compatible.

Regarding football games, you're best bet would be getting the newest FIFA game (FIFA 10) because I'm sure that will have the most online players.

Also, I"m not sure why the different version of the same game might have online and might not, you'd have to wait for a more experienced PS2 gamer than me to answer your question Wink.

That's as much help as I can give.
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:06 pm
quote : #3
thx anyway!

but fifa 2010 has online play?in portugal the game has no online play!the ntsc version has online?

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:09 am
quote : #4
I believe it does
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:20 am
quote : #5
can you confirm??

culade
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:19 pm
quote : #6
Sorry, Fifa 10 does not have online play for the PS2 version. According to users at gamespot, Fifa hasn't been online for the PS2 since 2008.

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:07 pm
quote : #7
My bad then. There might still be some players online on the 08 version however. But I wouldn't rely on there being more than a handful of people on it.
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:21 pm
quote : #8
EA uses to close down its servers for 3 year old (or something) PS2 games, if the FIFA 08 online is still up, I don't think it will last much.
Konami is a different story though, I think PES2008 still had online support (09 and 10 didn't) so you can research about that a bit if you want.

I reccomend Star Wars Battlefront though, great game for online matches.

Rock_strike
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:16 am
quote : #9
i have pes 2008 for ps2 and the game dont let me create a account!

i dont find fifa 2008!bue if works online, i wanna try!

DjKniteX
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:46 am
quote : #10
Type: NTSC-U
I think servers should be international... but I could be wrong, maybe just regional?

aryan
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:04 am
quote : #11
I,m still new but I don't understand how to play this ps2 online game.. Can I just use my laptop without use ps2 component?

Favrenation
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:10 pm
quote : #12
U have to plug an Ethernet chord into your PS2 and plug that into a modem/router. If you want to use a laptop, highlight your wifi connection and the Ethernet connection that you are going to use for you PS2. Right click it and select "bridge connection". Then just plug you ps2 into the laptop and connect to the INTERNET using either the on-line startup disc or a game that has one built in.