Page 1 of 1
TheSackDude555
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi, I am new to onlineconsoles and PS2 online gaming. I have two questions before I get a network adapter:
1.Does anybody know of any FREE dial up ISPs avalible in Youngwood PA? It doesn't matter if there is a time limit, as long as it is over 10 hours.

2.Are there any PS2 games with servers still running? Unofficial is fine. If they are unofficial , how do you connect to them?

Thanks Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 pm
quote : #2
Hey SackDude, Smile

I currently don't know of any free ISP's in the PA area. I think you might have to pay for a local ISP to get some consistant dialup support for the PS2.

Question: How are you making this post right now at the site? Via what internet connection? (THe PS2 does support broadband)

Your best option for playing online via dialup is Tribes Aerial Assault, as it is the only online game you can play right now that supported dialup. The rest either don't have their servers.

You will need to play in a hosted game that has around 6 bots or less, with 4 to 6 human players for the best performance. I think max 6 humans and 2 bots if you have a really really strong dialup connection.

See here for how to get online with Tribes:
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4059

Final Fantasy XI is the other game that supports dialup that is still online, but it is a subscription based game and you need an official HDD, a valid serial key, etc.
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:28 am
quote : #3
I have a phone line right next to my PlayStation 2, and my router(which is what I am using now) is very far away from the PS2. the phone line is upstairs,the router is downstairs.

Thanks for your help!

Very Happy

Avery
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:53 pm
quote : #4
TheSackDude555 wrote:
I have a phone line right next to my PlayStation 2, and my router(which is what I am using now) is very far away from the PS2. the phone line is upstairs,the router is downstairs.

Thanks for your help!

Very Happy

Might need to drill a hole in the wall, but using dial up, definatly not the best option. As for game servers Still online there are 7 from Bobz and another bunch from OpenSPY, check out their websites:

http://openspy.org/
http://bobzent.info/