Page Location: Home > Armored Core > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:22 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I recently went back to Nexus after having played Last Raven so regularly, and it really is incredible how intense the heat values are in Nexus. An AC design I used in Last Raven requires a much different loadout in Nexus to compensate for how much heat the AC"s give off. I don't know whether this is a bad thing, or something that makes Nexus unique. I'd like to say the latter.
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:30 am
quote : #2
I too have also noticed how severe the heat restrictions are in Nexus. Going back to my old save game of Nexus circa 2006, I was shocked at just how well my AC I used throughout the game managed heat. My temperature didn't budge a degree from boosting around and firing my weapons. I then built a lightweight AC from scratch and ran into heating issues very quickly. I eventually broke down and consulted a FAQ after failing to keep my lightweight design properly cooled.

I personally belong to the camp that thinks From went overboard with the heat management system. It deters you from making an AC without first crunching numbers. There isn't anything fundamentally wrong with calculating to maximize your AC's performance, but when it greatly impedes a critical component of your AC, it becomes an issue.
Posted:
Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:13 pm
quote : #3
I wonder which is hardest to build in Nexus: Light/Medium/Heavy Shell, or Light/Medium/Heavy Energy