Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:31 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Holy shit DaMan, you made me sweat tonight Mad .

Last game of hunters and you pick up 11 flags right by the nexus? Shocked

I was running around getting six points here and there just to catch up.

GG man and the ctf was fun too.

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:18 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yeah, I wish I could say I got better I just got really lucky with two sizable pickups most of the time I was taking 2 or 3 in when playing hunters, so I don't lose the points to others.

Poor Doff (I think that was his name) with all the disconnections, but I can NOT laugh about having been there many times myself (and probably will happen on DC games)

Last edited by DaMan on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:57 pm
quote : #3
Yep, doffo said he got the game a couple of weeks ago but later on last night we did an hour of hunters and he was doing really good. Doffo did get dropped a couple of times because of his connection, i think. He's liking hunters and should be up for next game.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:11 pm
quote : #4
There were four players for tonight's game on 2/7/15
there was DaMan, Chak88, doffo, and i

We did a lot of intense hunters for an hour and doffo kept getting dropped. I did see Chak and DaMan kill each other at the same time and that made me laugh.

When doffo stopped getting dropped, we did some ctf and i drove him around in the transporter with the flag. Later games we just hung the flag as much as possible and very fast so they were very quick games, that's the way i like it.

thanks to all who joined and lets keep getting more players

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:21 pm
quote : #5
Three of us tonight and we played almost everything. Lee says he like dm, so did that and he would not fly around and so he died a lot and left. DaMan and i however, did ctf, dm, hunters, and back to ctf. At one point i was focused on a bot and DaMan guns me down in the back and takes my flags right to the nexus. The last ctf map we did was firestorm because i want DaMan to get use to using the flare grenades and when he doesn't i try to shoot some out for him.

It was fun with all the different maps and game styles we played tonight and DaMan is becoming a beast of a killer on hunters.

gg man and i can't believe Lee left so soon.

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:43 pm
quote : #6
GG I was trying to actually leave Lee alone and work on the bots (cause i'm not that good, especially compared to players like you Snafu ;B I did'nt want him to feel like he was being singled out)

CTF it seems like at the weirdest times i'll have trouble taking a enemy flag.
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:21 pm
quote : #7
well well well,

It was awesome going against a good player like Lord Nikon.

We messed around on firestorm and he got me with a long beautiful shot with a mortar shell and then we tried to snipe each other, i tried to satchel him too. We then played paranoia and i was going to try and cap him when he stayed in my base Evil or Very Mad . Lord Nikon then figured to take my flag and camp, hard core defense in his base. He had a remote inventory deep in his base with my flag. It took me a long time to flush him out and i did by killing him and retrieving my flag, but let me say it took a loooooong time and wasn't easy and by then i didn't have enough time to cap him out.

what a game

gg man

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:49 pm
quote : #8
Yea some great matches! I would have kept playing, but was feeling under the weather.

Dragging the flag deep into the base (aka Turtling) is a controversial move in CTF as it stalls the game. However I always found it to be a fun diversion sometimes hehe. Trying to retrieve a flag that is burried deep behind enemy lines is a really fun concept (whether on offense or defense).

Also that mortar shot on firestorm... was awesome.

For those who weren't there, I launched a mortar shot from up on top of the homebase platform all the way across to the valley closer to the opposing side. I launched a few, and then that last one was arching... arching... and I am thinking to myself "wait, is this going to hit?" and it was a direct impact. Smile
rank 34
Posted:
Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:20 pm
quote : #9
wow, what to say
a lot of good action went on for last night Thursday's game
there was
DaMan
doffo and
i

and we did an hour of hunters. DaMan needed a warm up game then he was good. I have not lost at hunters in a long time and doffo beat me by 20 points in one game. Then there's DaMan on the last game and i don't know if he got 136 or 163 points in one hang, but it was a lot of flags in the final 10 seconds of the game. There he took third, but he was very close to second, and i barely took first and we were all over 200 points on a ten minute game. It was very intense at times.

gg tonight

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:43 pm
quote : #10
Hah I was kinda off and on even after 'warming up' 16 flags and some about 210 pts which put me really close to nipping at Doffo's heels.