Topic: Ridge Racer 4

Page 1 of 1
lozz
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:20 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I remember playing the demo for this loads when I first got a Playstation in 98'. So when I saw it for £1.99 in a local store I picked it up, and I must say it is a fantastic game! I love everything about it from the general artwork/layout of the game to the mecahnics fo the cars. The soundtrack fits so well and sounds good through a decent sound system.

Any thoughts on this game? I'm wondering what the "negcon" would play like. Thanks, lozz.

Einhander
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:33 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Playing with the NeGcon is awesome. It makes the Ridge Racer games feel completely different.

If you ever have a chance to pick one up, I would definitely recommend you jump on it. There were actually two NeGcons released, the original white one, and later a black one that is a little bit smaller and very rare. I've been trying to get ahold of a black one for some time.

The one thing to watch out for if you ever find one in person is how "loose" it is. When it's used a lot, the plastic in between the two halves of the controller can wear out, which makes the controller less responsive.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:07 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
The site is still online for R4:

http://www.ridge4.com/

Cool!