Topic: July's TAA games

Page 1 of 1
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have not been able to convince other tribes players to register here and I've tried. The other two places i draw players from have been down for five days or so and i have no other contact with them.

I started at the usual Sunday time and had Chak and Lego join right away, with out any thought that anyone would join, and it was great, unexpected, and much welcomed.

We did ctf with two maps with vehicles and two with out and all the games went fast by capping out.

There was even a couple of times where Lego and i fought over the flag and we're on the same team. It was on firestorm and we where on the flag waiting for it to respawn pushing each other out of the way.

This capped my great weekend, now if i can only get them to register here.

Kansas1327
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:30 am
quote : #2
It sucks that I can not play. I have a copy of TAA and PS2 at home in USA and I was expected to leave for home tomorrow, but I cancelled my ticket because they changed the flight path 3 different times and I fly international a lot due to having family in USA and a future wife in the country I am residing in currently. I would have loved to go back home for the month and brought back TAA and my ps2, but the 36 hour trips to and back were not worth it Sad

I will look into going around Christmas time, hopefully I can bring it back then.

In the meantime, maybe there is an emulator that would allow me to play TAA on my laptop?

Sorry I can't play with you guys. I really want! Very Happy

Edit: I forgot to add I may also look into buying a ps2 and taa where I am living now, but currently I have no money so it is only an option for the future =]

Happy gaming to you all, keep Tribes alive! Smile

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:16 pm
quote : #3
DaMan and i played July 19th and first we did a map with vehicles that DaMan has not played before i think.

We then played a bunch of maps with no vehicles and we even played a map that i really don't like and have not played it in years because no one likes it and it always gets skipped and the name of that map is Quagmire.

It seemed DaMan didn't mind it and i think he had fun on that foggy map as well.

I think DaMan was done playing and i wanted one more game and i switched to tdm and played a 10 minute game on Oasis and maxed out the bots.

That was crazy and DaMan stayed for the one last game so thanks for sticking around DaMan.

About 4 people backed out so it would of been a good turn out, but still fun all the same playing a very much skipped map.

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:08 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Good times yeah a few stages I did not recall, and 1 I actually thought I knew would be the next map we went to. (bad at keeping track of map names.)
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:07 pm
quote : #5
Wow, still some people didn't show, but we had

DaMan
Lego
Weegee22
Carlos and
i

Five people was great and three of them are from here.

DaMan repaired turrets and stuff and i didn't know he knew how to do that. When you have no bots on your team noting gets repaired unless you do it yourself. Lego mowed down a bunch of bots in the fighter so he's becoming a good pilot. I forgot who got in heavy armor and got a transporter either knowing or not knowing you can't pilot a transporter in heavy so i jumped in to move it from the pad for other players waiting to get their own vehicle and then the heavy player jumped in my, his transporter and we took off kicking ass along the way.

Most of us jumped in vehicles or joined me in the transporter. It was Carlos first time playing online and i tried to help him out and he did good by himself getting in vehicles and grabbing the flag and he's from Brazil so it was cool having a solid connection that didn't lag much at all.

Last edited by Snafu Organizer on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:33 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Funny thing was to put everyone on the same team I ended up repairing turrents I helped (I think) take down.
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:57 pm
quote : #7
Yep, it did help. Every time a turret killed a bot i thought of you. It sucks that you get no credit for the kill after fixing the turrets.