Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:33 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Sony made yet another patch fix to Socom 2 last week. This patch fixes many game glitches and exploits. Even though the patch was available last week, a proper synopsis of the fixes wasn't made until today. Below are just some of the bug fixes this latest patch addresses. You can download the patch to your memory card whenever you hop online with your copy of Socom 2. This is good news for Socom players.

Wall Jump/Slide: Players can no longer perform this exploit. Characters now do not receive a special boost when jumping against a wall.

Double Mines: Players can no longer manipulate the armory and their weapons selections to gain double the amount of mines a character should be able to physically carry.

Colored Chat Text: Players can no longer change the color of the chat text, bold text or insert symbols into the chat text.

Chat Lock Out: Players will no longer be able to manipulate the briefing room chat text to prevent other players from writing text messages.

M60E3 Tweak: The M60E3 has been adjusted to not be as accurate when moving. No other weapons have been changed.

Bonus Objective Stats: The Bonus Objective Stats are recorded and tracked on the player stats screen. For example, for breaching the outer walls in Sandstorm the player that sets the charge will gain 1 Bonus Objective point.

Collision Exploits: Fixed many, many areas where players could get inside of a wall or outside of the level and shoot through the entire world.

rank 38
Posted:
Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:52 pm
quote : #2
You know what I would of really liked was the frame rate to be more stable online......

-Mytho

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:10 pm
quote : #3
TheMytho wrote:
You know what I would of really liked was the frame rate to be more stable online......

-Mytho

I haven't found any issues with framerate stability while online, might just be your connection.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:35 pm
quote : #4
I really doubt that. The game was going from 30-5 FPS and this was around 1 AM in the morning. I played the game at my friend's house, who has DSL (I have cable), we were the only ones on his network, and it still was slow. We played on three servers too.

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:25 am
quote : #5
Hmm well the game isn't renowned for its netcode. So its a possibility the framerate can drop wile online sometimes. Different users might have better routes than others to the servers as well.
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:58 pm
quote : #6
I think you missed a change. The IW-80 is now more powerful too. Many people who play as the Seals use it now because of this.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:25 pm
quote : #7
TheMytho wrote:
I really doubt that. The game was going from 30-5 FPS and this was around 1 AM in the morning. I played the game at my friend's house, who has DSL (I have cable), we were the only ones on his network, and it still was slow. We played on three servers too.

-Mytho

His network? Like his local one? Even if there were other people, it should only cause lag. There's three computers on the same LAN as my PS2 at my dad's house. One is hosting a Tribes 2 server (a listen server, not dedicated), another is playing a game of Quake2 on a swedish server, and the third is downloading music. All I get is lag, no framerate drops or anything. I have cable, and Comcast likes to limit our up/down speeds more than they should.. The only FPS drops I've encountered are when there's a lot of stuff on screen (sun flare, grass up the wazoo, huge view, etc.) and this even happens offline, so I'm not sure about your situation...

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:39 pm
quote : #8
It's not lag, but framerate. The game runs from smooth to slideshow-esque speeds.

-Mytho

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:21 pm
quote : #9
TheMytho wrote:
It's not lag, but framerate. The game runs from smooth to slideshow-esque speeds.

-Mytho

Then I have no clue.. Sorry man..

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:36 pm
quote : #10
That's ok. I don't care for SOCOM, framerate issues or not.

-Mytho

Doom
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:18 am
quote : #11
Socom is one of the best games i think.It rocks Wink

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:13 am
quote : #12
I have Socom Iⅈ I don't play them anymore because I got sick of all those 7-year-olds screaming in my ear at 1:00am, which made me wonder, "why are they up this late anyways?" lol Smile