Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:16 pm
quote : #76
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Sometime when I get a chance I will have to test out all 3 routers that I own. One is an older netgear, the other is your standard linksys, and I recently bought a newer ASUS router.

The port anomoly is certainly something that could be a lead towards deducing the true problem. I always thought non-28000 ports were people trying to run AADS servers.

Do note: There is a known problem with AADS and newer Windows XP/Windows Server 2003 service packs which create high lag and dropped matches.
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:58 am
quote : #77
Type: PAL
I have now switched to a new router. An ASUS RT-N66U. Port forwarding works and everything seems to work like a charm. I had a Zyxel before which is now in the box-room with two other Zyxels...

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:50 am
quote : #78
So would a older windows be better than what you're trying to run now?

Hunk91
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:08 pm
quote : #79
Type: PAL
I just wanted to say thank you to DReamcast who recreated the master server list!

I was able to play several time online to Tribes AA, and it was great!

Thank you so much for your job!

Just one question, in order to recreat the master server, do you run some files on a dedicated computer or server?

Best regards

Playing: Biohazard Outbreak File#2, SWBF II, TAA
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:45 pm
quote : #80
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hunk91 wrote:
Just one question, in order to recreat the master server, do you run some files on a dedicated computer or server?

OC runs the Master List on a dedicated server in a data center, along with all of OC's other gaming services. To re-create the Master Server Environment you need to run the server on a dedicated server, preferably outside of your LAN as it is difficult to test the TAAML in a local environment due to TAA having a dual online/LAN mode in one.

You will also need a DNS Server redirect solution in order to point your PS2 to the new Master List. This is a whole extracomponent that is not related to TAA specifically. Currently I don't have any tutorials or methods available yet for users to deal with it in a simple way. In-fact, the way OC has this setup right now is quite complicated for the DNS server. Eventually I want to have more public documentation available for this, but I don't at this time.

Last edited by lordnikon on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:01 pm
quote : #81
Then how was the AADS done before using Oc's dns? It was done a couple of months ago.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:38 pm
quote : #82
So, in order to have a working AADS, we need to do something DNS wise?