Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Personaly iv takin a liking to GameCrazy the seem to always have the best prices on used games not like Gamestop. At GameStop a new released game cost 44.95 used come on what is five bucks off might as well get it new. But at GameCrazy u can usual get that same used game for 39.99 now ten bucks I can do sumthin with that. Im not to sure about EB i never go there but the just built a new 1 by my house so ill be checkin them out soon.
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:13 pm
quote : #2
i just go to EB now that its is 5 minutes away from my house. I've just seen normal prices for the new games.
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:17 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Check out http://www.cheapassgamer.com

-Mytho

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:18 pm
quote : #4
personaly i shop around for the best price or wait for the right price i mean im not a person that hypes on a game until it comes out so i can wait long enough for the game to come out and for the prices to get just right ....

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:20 pm
quote : #5
I either go to EB or Wal-Mart. Either one is fine by me since they are in the same shopping area where I live. Very Happy

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:20 pm
quote : #6
Yea i can usual wait for sum games but sum i gotta get right when they come out and i really dont like to rent cause i dont like feeling rushed to beat a game.
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:25 am
quote : #7
all the gamecrazys arround me sell mostly no case former rentals. but i notice that eb and gs
are pretty simmilar across the board. if one store cuts there price, the other one will match within a week.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
kingofgrills
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:59 pm
quote : #8
I have never bought a new game, except for NFL 2k3 for $4.99, so I always focus on pre-owned stuff. I usually end up comparing EB, Ebay, Amazon.com, and Gametrader (are Gametraders all over, I don't know).

Anyway, I usually scan the online sites and then go to EB to compare. Obviously, I then buy the cheapest one or wait. I've had a bunch of screaming deals this way. I picked up Beyond Good & Evil, which received a ton of incredible reviews, for just $12.99 including shipping. I also picked up Splinter Cell 3 months after release for $14.00. Same thing with Soul Calibur II.

I think my biggest bargain has to be NBA Street Volume II though. I purchased it at Gametrader for just $5! Cool

Just be patient and keep searching. I've saved hundreds that way.

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:39 pm
quote : #9
well im from houston and in houston i just found out that there ar these places called Movie Trading Company and my cousin told me that they have pretty decent prices on used games but for some reason i have a bad feeling about buying used things i dont like the fact that i have to buy somone elses things that they took back and used already .....see if theres one near you

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:59 pm
quote : #10
I really could care less if its used as long as its a good deal and the game works. Anyway most video game stores give u a warranty that some times is even better than the 1 for new games. O yeah and i went to check out EB yesterday they had pretty good deals i traded in 5 games and got 3 all in all i think i did pretty good. But maybe this weekend ill check out the place memphissss was talkin about cause i still got a few games left to trade in.
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:16 pm
quote : #11
hey checked out that movie trading Co i got time splitters 2 for 5.99 man it was a steal it was in perfect condition and i saw some other games to but most of there stuff is over priced and i found a bootleg dvd some movie my sis wanted but it was a bootleg cause it wasnt even out on dvd yet .....

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:07 pm
quote : #12
Kool botleg moives 2 this place sounds tight hey did they have in cheap headsets i saw 1 at EB for $24 if any1 knows where i can find 1 cheaper then holla.