Page 1 of 1
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:15 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok, so I was at Best Buy today and I saw the Logitech Headset for PS2. I figured "I'm going to get this sooner or later. Might as well be now" and bought it.

The good news: The headset WORKS ON PC!

If you were on the fence like I was, play any game that uses voice on PC and have some PS2 games that use the headset, pick it up. Go for the Logitech. It has a sturdier feel to it and has been tested.

-Mytho

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:04 pm
quote : #2
is it the headset that comes in the blue packing, thats the official headset and does it have the playstation logo painted on the side of the mic. this is the one i have ....

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:15 pm
quote : #3
Quote:
is it the headset that comes in the blue packing, thats the official headset and does it have the playstation logo painted on the side of the mic. this is the one i have ....

That's the one. It works quite nicely on PC.

-Mytho

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:31 pm
quote : #4
The original 1 that came with socom works for the pc 2. I just bought a headset today and tried it. I was gona buy the official PS2 1 but for 30 bucks and the logitech at 40 man these ppl r crazy. For that much you could get a new game hell thats more than enough for a carton of smokes lol . So i went ahead and bought the old 1 for 20 and a pack of ports Laughing and it works just as good. Oh yeah and those headsets are made really cheap trust me if u open 1 its all taped up at least on the old 1 wasnt taped up and I dont belive in paying that much for a halfassed quality mic that sum chinaman made for half the price. My point is that sony really needs to rethink its prices for accessories.
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:39 pm
quote : #5
SolidSnake wrote:
I just bought a headset today and tried it. I was gona buy the official PS2 1 but for 30 bucks and the logitech at 40 man these ppl r crazy. For that much you could get a new game hell thats more than enough for a carton of smokes lol . My point is that sony really needs to rethink its prices for accessories.

I was a bit leery about getting a headset myself, but I am a big Counter-Strike fan and voice communication is a must in that game. $30 for a mic I can use on both PS2 and PC was a good deal for me.

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:47 am
quote : #6
Can you post a link to the specific headset you got Mytho?
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:08 am
quote : #7
No problem.

Logitech Headset:

http://www.us.playstation.com/peripherals.aspx?id=SCUS-97078

-Mytho

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:55 pm
quote : #8
thats the same one i have. but i couldnt get it to work on win 98 se. did you have to DL a driver mytho?

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:07 pm
quote : #9
MasterChief: I have XP on my PC and it just automatically detected the drivers.

-Mytho