TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:57 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CireHyNfNqA

I stumbled across the following video detailing some of the graphical effects exclusive to the PS2 version of FFXI. Many of the weather effects are rendered differently on the PS2, often taking on a heavier appearance. I also noticed the reflections on the goblin's helmet looking more natural on the PS2 versus the much dimmer appearance on PC.

The most interesting part of the video is the game speed portion. You can clearly see the toll the effects had on the frame rate when rendered. I wish the video demonstrated some of the other areas of the game plagued with heavy slowdown, such as Jeuno or the Crawler's Nest. lordnikon can vouch for how difficult it was traversing the crowds in Jeuno. Laughing
Posted:
Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:08 am
quote : #2
I really liked the weather effects on the PS2. So these are not in the PC version? or, not rendered the same?
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:45 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
I really liked the weather effects on the PS2. So these are not in the PC version? or, not rendered the same?

They aren't rendered the same. The weather effects look much more sparse on the PC compared to the PS2.