Page 1 of 1
fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:02 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: ???
I have been looking around for the hours everyone typically gets on and I have seemingly discovered that there is no central thread for this info. So, if you guys wouldn't mind, please post up what times everyone usually plays.

You Rock!
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:11 pm
quote : #2
From the main page of this forum, go look at the game organization, and there is the spot you're looking for.

I usually try to get a game in twice a week, as long as i get some feed back and those days and times are

Sunday's at 4:30pm cst and Thursday's at 9pm cst.

There are random games as you will read, but they are not the same time every week, hence the randomness.

You can always try and schedule your own day and time and see if it's a good time for other players as well. Just do it at the game organizer or ask here. I have asked here for players suggestions of times and some players say anytime is good and then i say "can you be more specific" Rolling Eyes ?

I think it's best you try a day and time that works for you fLip and then play it by ear and give at least a 24 notice.

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:12 pm
quote : #3
Nah I'd rather maintain the continuity of it always being the same day. With the following that this game currently has, trying to schedule games that aren't on the same day every week simply isn't going to generate the same amount of participation. This isn't the type of game I am going to want to play on a whim. When I play Tribes I want there to be an ample amount of people to play against, not playing against bots, period. I won't tarnish the great memories I have for this game getting frustrated due to how dated the game is coupled with the lack of currently active players.

I am honestly really hopeful for any added interest we might see over the next year. It would be awesome to see fully teamed 8v8 CTF matches again.
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:20 pm
quote : #4
I never noticed those buttons at the top of the page. I was just focused on the body of the layout on the Home Page expecting to find everything I would need to access (as in typical Forum layout). It took me a while to find that Organize button even after you mentioned it. Horrible layout...

I might suggest posting some kind of link to this organizing forum as a sticky in the main T:AA forum. When you hit this home page for the first time that is what is staring you in the face.
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:58 pm
quote : #5
I would love a great turn out again and with out bots hehehe.

The best way to start is with a set day and time and keep players coming back and tell others. There was suppose to be a general ps2 online talk like a year ago, but there's only a ps2 offline game talk still.

The game tracker is way past over due for an update here and no one in control here asks for help to do it.

fLip, a AADS would be great, but the turn out would seem the same. I know someone that had a AADS up a couple of times and there were fewer players then, then what i was host for now, on the ps2.

Even a great turn out of eight or ten players through a ps2 would be awesome, but that would mean people like, you fLip and lord nikon, to join or for one of you two to host.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:37 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Quote:
When I play Tribes I want there to be an ample amount of people to play against, not playing against bots, period.

The problem is "everyone" wants this, but there are not enough active players for them to participate, so they do not get involved with the community. It is a complex problem. One that I plan to elaborate more on in a guide.

Having enough players to not rely on bots would be great, but those days are long gone. We have been lucky to get some bursts of higher players counts recently and its been great. However the ability to add more targets via bots is a crucial component to making TribesAA still fun to play, so we used them regularly. The Hunters matches would not be the same without them.

fLiP wrote:
I never noticed those buttons at the top of the page. I was just focused on the body of the layout on the Home Page expecting to find everything I would need to access (as in typical Forum layout). It took me a while to find that Organize button even after you mentioned it. Horrible layout...

Well, now you found it, so now you can use it Wink

fLiP wrote:
I might suggest posting some kind of link to this organizing forum as a sticky in the main T:AA forum. When you hit this home page for the first time that is what is staring you in the face.

Not needed since the Organize link is in the main navigation. Hence accessable from any page on the site. Wink

Snafu Organizer wrote:
The best way to start is with a set day and time and keep players coming back and tell others. There was suppose to be a general ps2 online talk like a year ago, but there's only a ps2 offline game talk still.

The game tracker is way past over due for an update here and no one in control here asks for help to do it.

Yea my to do list is a mile long. I have a lot of back logged work to do Wink A general online board is coming back in the near future with lots more adjustments.

I do need help with the tracker Smile I just need people to report them to a thread. Since the General Online board has been in a state of flux, I put the thread as a sticky here in the Game Organization forum:

http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3894

I need to fix the "Add Entry" link on the front page. Its on my todo list.

In the meantime, add any games to that URL and I can easily add them to the game tracker.
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:44 pm
quote : #7
I still believe with the AADS, more people would be willing to come back and play. I wonder if you made any progress on it Nikon? I tried pretty hard to get it visible, but it seems out of my league.

After we have a working AADS, we could start working on getting TAA up an running on the emulators.

AADS+PS2 Emulator= tribess population increase.

I very much believe the two would draw some people back to the game.

Deez
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:16 pm
quote : #8
Type: VA
I agree. AADS would help bring some life back into this game.
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:41 am
quote : #9
Well Lord Nikon, you say you do need help with things being updated to the game tracker so why don't you find someone to help you?

Thanks to the work of DaMan, all the information you need for after games to go to the game tracker has already been there for the last seven months or more. People can be busy or just don't want to do it or not have time, even in seven months, come on! then find someone else who will do what's suppose to be done for the game tracker and the forum, because i don't want excuses, i want other people to help, who ever is in charge needs to hire someone for free, to help out because there's no excuse to let something like the game tracker to sit and not update it for over seven months. Rolling Eyes .

I do know things can be SnaFu too at times. It would just be nice to have others in charge to update and help out where they can.

N|CK
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:56 pm
quote : #10
Shit so taa still doesnt work with emulators? I saw another site and someone said he was able to play with another person in india of course it was probably one on one I would love to get in on the weekly games though bots... ughh.

shit whats up Deez nuts and FLiP , I remember playing you and dbl trble us three alone in a server late night ctf 1v1's good times. Why do the good die young Crying or Very sad

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:34 pm
quote : #11
Well i have helped out people to play tribes online from this country, Canada, Brazil, European countries, Switzerland, and as far away as Thailand and that is exactly 12 hours time difference from me. A number of people have to use a disc called swap magic to play tribes aa on their PAL ps2, but it works.

I always have bots on, unless i get enough people and i do the hosting through my ps2.

We did mostly hunters last week and then some ctf. Three people didn't make it last week or there would of been five players total. I always have someone join and we either go against each other or just be on the same team and destroy the bots. It's nice to have people on the same team when they are getting use to tribes and they never use the flare grenade, and i think you always have to use the flare grenades or you don't fly.

I don't know who will join for this Sunday's game at 4:30pm cst, just like every Sunday, but i do let it run for awhile and if there's a no show then i'll shut it down.

If you N|CK, have a day and time once a week that works better for you then let me know and i can see if it'll work for others as well.

dns 142.4.223.231 to join one of my sessions

So, anyone else, let me know if you can make July 10th for Sunday's game.