Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
golden_c_ninja
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:44 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello,

Currently there is an open source project to get EQOA back online. I know they have made a lot of progress. Anyone interested can help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMPr4oJir3I&sns=em

Cipher_OneZero
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:49 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
What came if this project? I still have this game, so would love to get it online.

Homegrown
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:38 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
The Everquest Online Adventures revival project has made some strides but it does seem like quite a task to get a game like this back up and running. This is just my observation on the outside looking in of course. There is a dedicated and loyal fanbase though, and I'm one of them. This game was amazing and it was a shame that they took the server down. Fans definitely want this game back. Only time will tell.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:50 am
quote : #4
They really do have their work cut out for them on that project. I have been watching some youtube videos where they are trying to hex edit the game and get access to certain weapons. It will never ever be how it was when SOE ran it, but... a percentage of the game might one day be playable.
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:36 am
quote : #5
Well I have been following them on their facebook group and their wiki for a few years now. They have gotten in game and they are in the process of populating the server, figuring out how the game responds to movements, attacks etc. One thing to note is that this is not just a masterlist, but an entire server that stores character data and controls drops and enemies. The people working on the project are extremely competent and are well coordinated. They post their code on their wiki. The people in charge are fairly conservative in their estimates and say that they wouldn't expect a playable server for another year or two. While nothing is guaranteed, the fact they made it this far is impressive to say the least.