Topic: tribes after game lobby

Page 11 of 27
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:11 pm
quote : #151
profile : pm
last week i had more fun with four players and four bots playing tribes than i did through out the whole weekend playing cod infinite warfare. DaMan, you played your heart out, but when fLip was doing mostly flag and base defense on thin ice, you didn't have a chance, and it took him awhile to see that and then all of a sudden, he went for the flag. It sucks when two people are doing different things and it's not working. fLip is very good at everything he does, but when you were on his team, he needed to do more flag carrying on thin ice like when he did a bunch on firestorm. When your team is down in points, everyone needs to put more pressure on the flag or the enemy base and DaMan, you kept constant pressure on the enemy flag, good job, you just didn't have much back up till later on in that game.

FabioFan
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:21 am
quote : #152
Type: US-Massachusetts
I should be able to make it tomorrow Smile

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:50 pm
quote : #153
Good games today. <Team>R@@kie killed it. Chak88 and DaMan we a lot of fun to play with as well. I was split screening with Cirrus. We want to make Tribes a regular thing on Sundays (for us.) I hope we can get more people involved.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:01 pm
quote : #154
It was a great turn out with the five players

koss
his buddy, Cirrus
DaMan
Fabio Fan aka Chak and
i your host

We started out with intense tdm on Oasis and then went to white out, which is a map with no inventory stations. We then went over to ctf on paranoia and firestorm, where Chak left first then DaMan headed out. I played katabatic, with bots, against koss and his buddy and that got to be a tough long fight so i shut things down and went over to hunters on Myrkwood. Koss's bud was crushing it and i had a very solid second and then in the last couple of minutes, or less, koss got a 10 flag hang and kept me permanently at 3rd for the end of the game. We then went to Sundried and i got a good flag hang right away and i took a very dominate 1st all the way through that game and called it a night.

Anytime people say oops or shazbot a lot at the beginning of the game it means they're leaving and we usually don't play for the good two hours we did tonight, but if it happens it happens, usually about an hour is what we do when people get burnt out or what ever and i of course didn't get burnt out.

Paranoia had a very long stale mate. It was koss, Cirrus, and Chak88 against DaMan and i. Someone finally took the flag from me so i could retrieve ours and i did it to get the game going and in time to win it. Firestorm was DaMan and i against koss and Cirrus and we had a good stale mate again until DaMan took the flag from me and i went for a sneaky behind the back concussion shot on koss i think and i retrieved out flag. Firestorm went for the full 30 minutes too, all the other games were capped out.

FabioFan
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:31 am
quote : #155
Type: US-Massachusetts
Awesome set of games nice to have a such a good turnout ! A few more people next time and we could have a full 4 vs 4 game Very Happy

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 pm
quote : #156
I must applaud your use of concussion grenades when we had standoffs in CTF. Both on Paranoia and Firestorm. I forgot concussion grenades even exist. In my mind there are only Flares and Basic grenades. So when I was nestled comfortably in my base in heavy armor and a mortar, I thought for sure no one was gonna touch me. Then, faster than I could figure out what was happening, I dropped the flag AND my weapon rendering me completely useless. You guys returned the flag and capped. Damn I was mad. Good Playing though.

I also wish we could get more people playing next week. I just don't think this forum has enough visibility. So far, the only other area I found any remains of a TAA community is the group on Facebook TAA - Its How We Roll So I think our best bet would be to have one of us post there, advertising Sunday afternoon Tribes, and the rest of us leave a reply saying that we will be there. This way, people will see that we are playing and they will see replies showing that other people are gonna be there. Its a long shot but I think it might be our best bet. Maybe a few members who still have a ps2 will be willing to dust it off and plug it in for a few games.[/url]

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:52 pm
quote : #157
Type: ???
We tried reaching out on Facebook over a year ago. Not much came of it. Though I will say we didn't have others post replies saying they would be there playing as well. I'd say its definitely worth a shot!
Posted:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:14 pm
quote : #158
I do not do face book, but koss, go register at ps2onlinegaming.com. There you'll find other ps2 games, as well as tribes, that people try to schedule and play online and there's open talk about a bunch of other ps2 stuff.

If i can still find my special disc i could host a special hacked room on a specific day and time.

Koss, have you ever touched the roof of firestorm?

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:24 pm
quote : #159
I just left a comment on the Facebook group, go leave a reply mentioning you'll be there! I was really tempted to talk shit and tell everyone that they are a newb and that I would be force feeding them mortars, but i didn't want to turn people off. But shit talking might turn on the type of nerd who plays Tribes... so I don't know. As for the ceiling on firestorm? I'm not sure, I would have to check, I would just jump straight up in light armor with an energy pack. Maybe while disk jumping. I have definitely touched the ceiling in escalade, although that one is pretty easy since that central tower is so high up.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:35 am
quote : #160
Escalade, that's funny, the ceiling on firestorm is at least twice as high and you can only do it if someone makes a hack room with unlimited jet pack fuel and i of course can make such a room. Unlimited blue juice also means unlimited shield, blaster, and sniper shooting and it makes for quit a game.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:30 am
quote : #161
Type: NTSC-U/C
Good games this past Sunday. Sorry I had to bail, I hadn't slept much all weekend and needed a recharge as I had a lot fo stuff to get done last night.

BTW, apologize if turtling was throwing off the match. I guess I like the building up defenses aspect of it. Will refrain from doing it in the future unless its expressly encouraged / allowed.
rank 34
Posted:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:29 pm
quote : #162
I feel i pissed you off. There was 10 minutes left, we were ahead by more than 101 points, and i tried to get the flag back a good couple of times. It was two on two with out bots on Beggar's Run and i knew lordnikon and i could take them so i went down concussioned him, took the flag and got killed right away. I wasn't expecting to get killed right away and if anyone saw the great work of turtling up lordnikon did, well i should of just kept trying and just win the game. Right when they got the flag back he left right away and i knew i was screwed because i did need his help and i was very happy when he should up so i still feel i pissed him off. I know i would of been very pissed off if someone did shit that to me after all the defense work he did.

We did start out with cnh on firestorm and Jacob's ladder is one of my most favorite map on tribes. I love taking care of the bridge.

We ended with slapdash and i put everyone on the same team and i got everyone in my transporter for awhile and that is always fun.

Koss team killed me when i was in the transporter so i did a big no no... i voted to kick him but his buddy said no. I can kick anybody with out a vote, but i''m not like that so i voted and i should not of done that either.

ps lord nikon, i always would rather retrieve the flag than camp with it so i was glad how good you turtled up and it is always encouraged, especially when your team is ahead. Its just after awhile, let them hang the flag because i'm right there to grab there's and hang it to cap them out.

I have no problems with your actions, i have problems with mine because i know we would of capped them out.

gg

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:57 pm
quote : #163
Type: NTSC-U/C
Sorry that I was late, Snafu Organizer thanks for still being there and triple sorry for that team kill (that killed myself) when I was going for the flag that the enemy made you drop I and the flag were shot off the roof and I was thinking has to be an enemy close by in hindsight you had the flag instead of returning it to the post (which was close by anyway)

we did CTF.
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:38 pm
quote : #164
Don't be sorry for that team kill, it was a reaction move and i can't blame you when i knew what happened and i couldn't stop laughing. Sometimes team killing just shows that you care.

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:47 pm
quote : #165
hey, after we got disconnected from the last game, we went to the server room to see if there was a new server being hosted, but nothing showed up. Not even the empty server room that you can't join. So im worried that we aren't connected. Are servers showing up for anyone else???