Topic: tribes after game lobby

Page 12 of 27
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:59 pm
quote : #166
profile : pm
Well at least you did touch the roof of firestorm.

I'll let you know Sunday.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:46 pm
quote : #167
What a great turn out of six players and a few bots. There was a lot of satcheling going on because that's what terriblegas does. Most of the games were a challenge so that means the teams were even. Slapdash went the full amount of time, and thin ice was great, wish we would of done a paranoia though. We played every style but team death match. I barely took 1st in the last hunters game when i killed koss and got a 20 something flag point hang in under 15 seconds.

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:06 pm
quote : #168
Type: ???
Definitely some great games tonight!

Made me feel like I was playing like shit and you guys had been practicing HARD over the past couple weeks.

This Sunday afternoon crew is starting to get pretty good!

You guys Rock! Twisted Evil
Posted:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:55 pm
quote : #169
Type: NTSC-U/C
Interesting games yesterday I know after the 1st game I joined I did not se who kilt who or me for that matter not sure if it was
an issue on my end or not.
I guess knowing who killed you gives a reason to go after them (in my case try to go after them)
I did hear quote I don't recall "I'll make a soldier out of you yet!"
It was 6 of us I think atleast for the time that I was there Snafu Organizer, koss , Cirrus, lordnikon, fLiP and myself .
if I remember correctly.

my only issue with yesterday was with all the game cutoffs sadly on the last 1 I was in if this was ends abruptly that's itt for me.
which lead me to leave without my ususal byes
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:23 pm
quote : #170
I was getting drunk at the end and couldn't make up my mind what to play and i should of just let it run. The preset quote " I'll make a soldier out of you yet" can come from anyone, even a bot and it is usually said when a flag is hanged or it says "you rock". I don't even think, on the very last game, i even said oops before i shut it down, but i did stick to a ten minute dm and stopped messing around with it.

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:48 pm
quote : #171
I think that when we play with so few players, some maps just don't work. Particularly the larger maps, any ones that involve vehicles. We tried to play Dessicator, but that map is too complex for 4v4 (actually, i think we tried to play it 2v2 or 2v3) requiring Flag D, Base Gen D, and Field Gen D, along with requiring a flag runner, and base/gen assault, and so on. Its a ton of fun with larger teams, but doesn't have the same dynamic in smaller games. I feel like CTF in general isn't a great game for the smaller matches, although it works better on the maps where you don't have to spread yourself too thin focussing on more matters than a team of 2 or 3 players can handle. Many CTF rounds wind up at stalemates. TDM, and some CNH maps seem better suited for these smaller games, as well as Hunters (I've always hated Hunters but it actually wound up being pretty fun with the smaller number of players we have. I also agree with Da Man, it can be frustrating having too many abrupt changes to the server and not knowing what to expect. I am still grateful for having you hosting though, so thanks. Good games all around yesterday.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 pm
quote : #172
That's why i played desicator is because of the complexity. It was fun last week, on slapdash, that everyone was trying to kill me at the end, even koss, the other flag carrier in a bomber by my flag station, but in a aads you can't have a flag and pilot a vehicle. There are other certain glitches you can do or not while hosting with a ps2. Quagmire doesn't have the special turret. I remember, back in the day, that people would switch sides and change the turret barrel, just to get rid of what was set in a aads, and switch back to their team to be a dick on Quagmire.

I was getting drunk last Sunday... every Sunday

What i love about ctf is capping off the game, even if it's one on one. Switch maps, get over it, and lets do another round. Thirty minute tdm, i get burnt out on the same map with no cap, i mean give me a goal to shot for. I do love cnh and hunters is the best game style ever. It took cod to finally come close to getting it right, but it's like tdm hunters aka kill confirmed, but they're trying.

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:58 pm
quote : #173
Ha, I am opposed to vehicle capping, but i figured that we had been at a standstill for such a long time that when the match was down to the last minute or two, I'd get in a bomber and fly over to your base to see if i could shake things up. I got a shit load of kills too, so it was a fun way to finish the match.

That special turret barrel on Quagmire was a relic from Tribes 2 (TAA was basically a port of T2 over to the ps2) known as the ELF gun, or electron flux projector. It simply drained your energy and left you as a sitting duck. It was also a hand held weapon in T2.

I can kind of see how you could get burned out on TDM, but thats because 30 min is way too long for TDM. 15 or 20 min max. Its fun. Sure, you don't have an objective like in CTF or CNH.... but you are competing to get the most kills (and not die.) That is the objective! Get your team's score up and keep the other team's score down. No different than CNH in that regard... or even CTF I suppose.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:06 am
quote : #174
That was a great way to end the game with a bomber. I like how i set up the transporters for base defense.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:29 pm
quote : #175
It was a good couple of games today and we started out with tdm and then ctf and then i switched up the teams for one game and koss and cirrus left after that.

What i would like to know is, who is captain skippy, or something like that. He's a new name to me and he is very new to tribes, but when he connected he either lives close to me or has a great internet speed. I think he lives somewhere in the mid west.

I did see DaMan get one double kill from one spin fussor shot.

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:24 pm
quote : #176
Sorry I couldn't stay longer today, I had to keep the GF happy Very Happy
Good games.

When did you play with someone names captain skippy? I don't recognize that name.

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:55 pm
quote : #177
koss wrote:

When did you play with someone names captain skippy? I don't recognize that name.

a game or after you and cirrus left I believe the name was captain zippy.
I did stick around on behalf of the new guy fortunately Snafu had us on the same team.
Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:03 pm
quote : #178
Just want to thank everyone for playing as much as they do on Sundays. Without any of you and especially Snafu for hosting, it wouldn't be possible. Forgot how much I missed this game and the community.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:19 pm
quote : #179
Great games today guys with five in total.

After lordnikon and DaMan left , i decided to do a SnaFu and play a really rare map that you can only play on dm to fuck things up, but nooo. koss and cirrus weren't going anywhere.

A very old map to play, pyroclasm, and i hoped they would leave or let them suffer and see if they remembered this map. It didn't take them long to figure out this huge map with no vehicles and so we played. Dm and tdm burns me out and we did dm on pyroclasm for 30 minutes, i forgot to change time limit, but it was a blast.

There is this glitch, or call it what you will, that i want to know if you can do while hosting on a ps2. You need at least five people and use the same first four letters or anything. I've seen it work on cLans and i had up to 9 in my clan and what it is or what i want to do next weekend is everyone put

[oc] << exactly like that in front of your name and the name team will change over from team storm or team inferno to team [oc] we need at least five players

and this may only work on a AADS, but i don't know if it'll work through a ps2 though.

This is just to give recognition to all the shit lordnikon puts up with and does

so... who's in?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:23 pm
quote : #180
Snafu Organizer wrote:
There is this glitch, or call it what you will, that i want to know if you can do while hosting on a ps2. You need at least five people and use the same first four letters or anything. I've seen it work on cLans and i had up to 9 in my clan and what it is or what i want to do next weekend is everyone put

[oc] << exactly like that in front of your name and the name team will change over from team storm or team inferno to team [oc] we need at least five players

and this may only work on a AADS, but i don't know if it'll work through a ps2 though.

Wow I never knew that was possible. I don't think I recall seeing that on servers back in the day.