Topic: Hello old friends!!

Page 1 of 2
BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Wow, the other day I was going through my old games and found t:aa, still no game compared. I play ally of Titanfall 2 on PS4, but still I have fond memories of this one that can't be topped.

Anyways I popped it in my ps3 seeing if I could take it online. Didn't seem to see anyone even though it said I was connected, however going through the motions and hearing the "bwaaang!" Of a successful connection brought such feelings of nostalgia that I almost had tears in my eyes.

Back in the day, I didn't have internet, Lord Nikon hooked me up with some free dial-up and kept me playing for nearly a year and a half before I got broadband. Still owe him many thanks.

I'm sure it's not too difficult to set up online functions, but these days I have a wife and 3 kids, I'll look into it later, but now I'd love to just meet up with some old faces. I'm also on the Facebook group, named Tommy Maryin but I never really get on FB these days.

Anyone remember .exe?? Acrophilliac, Odysseus, Dirty Bill, EvilShen, magic med, Deja Vu, IBKILLINU.. all my old squad, I miss this game immensely. I always buy T:AA when I see it, i have so many copies holy fuck.
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:37 pm
quote : #2
Oh no way whatup Blingshyne. I remember you and the clan .exe

I was in <SoP>, <Z>, and =ONI=
Awesome to see more old players. Hope to see you in a match soon. We been getting a solid amount of players.

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:39 pm
quote : #3
Mr. Green

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:12 pm
quote : #4
Type: ???
Hey! I remember you! IBK ended up in =ONI=. met the guy in real life, actually. cool dude.

you know, I have always wondered. Is there a BlingShyne1? Mr. Green
Posted:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:39 pm
quote : #5
Yo Bling, just one of tribes most hated players here... R@@K!E saying hi again. I still talk to drako a few times a year and my best friend, on tribes, Desolation has long been gone and out of contact for awhile now. I subbed in Angle of and i was in KEA and subbed for other clans as well. Or how about mongoose, i use to host race rooms as did he, racing grave bikes of course.

I do what you do, buy a copy of tribes, in public, when ever i see one. I have given a bunch of copies away so players can't say " oh, i don't own that game anymore" well guess what... now you do.

You and mytho use to be buds, i thought, so you should get him to play again as well as getting bronco back.

I will still beat the fuck out of 82nd if i ever meet him in person or i'll just smash his fingers with a hammer so he'll will never play a video game ever again in his life, but it's still cooL to see an old name like yours man.

82nd's younger brother was or still is a cop even though his little bro fucked up someone with a brick before he was 18. Now that's my kind of cop.

Last edited by Snafu Organizer on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:53 pm
quote : #6
Whats up Blingshyne2. I definitely remember your name from back in the day. I can't remember but I think I might have even been in exe (although I might be mixing it up with another clan.... I know for sure I was in <SoP> <zg> and -=ADA=-.) I definitely relate to the sentiment that no other game could come close to TAA. Btw, I saw your video of gameplay with all the mid-air mortars. Pretty awesome man. You should definitely pick up an old ps2 at a pawn shop or something and join us for a few games on Sunday afternoon.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:01 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
BlingShyne, the fact that I once helped you get online with TAA on dialup, and we are still talking in 2017 shows the epic passage of time. Welcome back Smile

OC's roots back to dialup internet access is a big reason for the consoles that we cover. DC, GC, and PS2 all had dialup support. I think our connection from that era forward into broadband is what makes the site a bit unique.
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:17 pm
quote : #8
Nikon so good to see an old friend and one of the very few saviors of this game and community!! Koss and Cirrus!!? Hell yeah i remember you guys, didnt you guys tear it up splitscreen all the time? i definitely remember flip and rookie too, man just hearing these names takes me right back to the frozen fucking tundras of katabatic!!!

Also if youre choking out 82nd then i want to gouge out Ward. E's eyeballs with a jagged spork Very Happy

so its pretty easy to get online?? i have a slim ps2 and original 80gig ps3 that plays ps2 games, which is best?? also, do i have to download any software to use OC's master server??

i want to play, my heart was pounding in a shitty bot match, i cant wait to get up with some old players. i would play this game every night to be honest, why wait till sundays?? Smile anyone down for tonight?? I wouldve replied sooner but i forgot i posted on here haha
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:21 pm
quote : #9
I've been hosting tribes for four or more years now and the turn out was always low. Once a week gives people time and something to look forward to. When tribes was really slow i started hosting tribes once a month just to try for a better turn out. I think playing every day would burn people out and i don't want that again.

I remember Ward E, he was a bitch at times. One of my favorite players was BossMan. BossMan and i would just beat the fuck out of each other on firestorm playing cnh one on one back when no one was around on a AADS. One cLan that i really didn't like were those Canucks in SYF, bunbuns and tomahawk blues. It was cooL that the were father and daughter though. Vegito and Robert Paulson were a thorn in my ass because they were great players, but it seemed they always wanted to go against me because i'm a challenge... i guess or they hated me which is killer in my book.

All you have to do to play tribes online is go to network setting from the main menu, keep everything on auto, except the dns server address. Manually set your dns address to

142.4.223.231 test and save

When you try to connect, from the main menu, you'll see a room called master list, which is a dummy room, but means you're at the right spot. If you don't see the master list room you won't be able to join any room. The dummy room is great because other times i hosted there would be nothing so you didn't know if things were working unless you saw my room.

Back when the ps3 online was down for a couple of months, Static X and i played tribes on the ps3. We were the only people in the world who were online with the ps3. I would recommend playing tribes just on the ps2 though.

If you want to go for a test run tonight give me a time and i'll host for you or just reply that a 8pm cst tonight Wednesday would be good. I won't host if there's no response.

BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:30 pm
quote : #10
how about midnight est time? we can do 1v1 if no one shows up, yes cnh was awesome. i loved the huge 32 player Jacobs Ladder games, so epic, firestorm would be cool too, im rusty so get ready for some target practice.

i remember rob paulson, great player and excellent dingo pilot, i really screwed that dude over when he was in exe, always felt shitty about it.

so game tonight yes??
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:34 pm
quote : #11
You can't do 9pm est?
I'll host at midnight est
When player count is down I put everyone on the same team.

BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:11 pm
quote : #12
On now staring at the empty master server, wanna host? Can we do disc based hosts still or no??
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:51 pm
quote : #13
Yep, I'll be hosting from ps2. First same teams ctf then 1 on 1 CNH.

BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:57 pm
quote : #14
You're on now?? I don't see nuffin tho
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:48 pm
quote : #15
good games! tasty nades all night. i ate alot. i played splitscreen with a buddy (negrodamus) and christ its hard to see anything on a half of av ps2 output on a 50 inch screen. we must play mre, let me know the times rook
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile