Andes attack was a unexpected show so welcome

Andes Attack
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:33 am
quote : #272
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Cheers Smile I had a total blast, although knowing 3 of us were bots is slightly disheartening, no doubt it was those dudes who kept still long enough for me to shoot Laughing

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:36 pm
quote : #273
Welcome, Andes. Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield. Lets see so people who have played recently and who've played 2017 in general....

TeamRookie
LordNikon
Demon
Blingshyne
Chak88
DaMan
fLiP
zyclonbaby
Andes Attack
koss
Cirrus

nice little roster there. Can't believe it! Shocked

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:17 pm
quote : #274
Type: NTSC-U/C
who was there this past, Sunday and the name you used
I know
Andes Attack
Snafu Organizer + Snafu's Friend
fLiP
DaMan is that correct or did I mix someone up?

Last edited by DaMan on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:44 am
quote : #275
My friend was there and I think fLip was space ghost.

Koss and Cirrus weren't there, I think.

Andes Attack
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:59 pm
quote : #276
Cirrus wrote:
Welcome, Andes. Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Cheers Cool you certainly will! It's a cracking game, I'm genuinely surprised there isn't still a much bigger player base tbh, it's not as if there ain't still shedloads of folk with PS2s, and there seems to be a general rise in ppl (like myself) discovering the joys of softmodding their old beasts and thus being able to play the game. I guess it's a question of how you let them know it's here and easily set-upable. I'm an on/off fan of Black Ops 3 and Doom MP on mi xb1 (about all it's good for frankly, that and a few back-compat titles anyway), but I love the pacing of Tribes as a contrast to those games, it's almost relaxing boinging around the groovy old-skool terrain looking for the next fight, at which point of course it all goes a bit hell-for-leather. Love it.

10pm CST is something like stupid o'clock here in the UK (about 4am i think) so Thursday matches are a no-go but I should be good to go most Sundays. And yep that means I'll be available for at least one of you gits to buzz in a flying jet vehicle thingy (must replay those tutorials) and toy with before putting me outta my misery Laughing

See ya Sunday.

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm
quote : #277
Type: NTSC-U/C
Snafu Organizer wrote:
My friend was there and I think fLip was space ghost.

Koss and Cirrus weren't there, I think.

Thanks for the correction, Snafu Organizer.

Welcome to OC, Andes Attack!
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:28 pm
quote : #278
Ya i was playing as Huckleberry Fin, i wanted to do Huckleberry Hound from Hanna Barbera, but that wouldn't fit so i was the guy in the jet fighter you were toying with.

Certain maps has vehicles and there's only four vehicles to choose from. You have to hit start in the game and go over to vehicles to choose one and then go to the vehicle station to get one.

I suggest playing tribes in third person because you get a better view of everything, especially in a vehicle.

Some fun maps to play for practice off line are paranoia or firestorm and if you want maps with vehicles try slapdash or katabatic.

You have to get use to using flare grenades in tribes so you will not get shot down.

If anyone wants to see one of the best tribes videos with all live players

google tribes aa duel video 2006 and enjoy.

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:56 am
quote : #279
Type: ???
yes I was Space~Ghost Cool

cya fellas tonight Twisted Evil
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 pm
quote : #280
Look at the game organizer for the theme tonight and yes you can just use your normal name if you want to and no theme next week.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:11 pm
quote : #281
Even Deez made it out today so we had a high turn out of eight players with

koss and Cirrus who wouldn't use their real names like i asked or a mythical creature or cartoon
fLip was Dorgon or Drogon, i forgot
i was Pete's Dragon because Puff the Magic Dragon wouldn't of fit
my buddy was Wyrm and i don't know who that is
Andes Attack and i think it was his first time playing katabatic and there's a lot to learn on that map
and Zyclonbaby who used the repair glitch again

What a great turn out with some fun matches.

I do have two problems that i might start to address, 1 if anyone has the flag and runs with the repair on to put him in almost a god mode, you will be switched to the other team and back again. No flag running with constant use of repair because you could not do that as easily in a AADS room. 2 if you have the flag, don't be a pilot of a vehicle. Most games don't allow you to pilot one when you have the flag. You can be in a transporter as a passenger, but not pilot so you will be switched. If these two things are used a lot, be prepared to be switched. They are dirty old tricks that you can't do as easily in a AADS room.

As for being the host, i have to try a bit harder to do what i do. If Zyclonbaby wants to host and do the repair flag run glitch, that's fine because i know the weakness of being a host and the repair flag run glitch won't work for him as easily when he hosts.

Oh, and by the way i think koss should host again because he has before, but if not, someone else will have to host next week because i won't be around to host or join. When DaMan hosts, like he did a bit last week, i couldn't see his room so we need someone to host who's room shows up to join.

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:31 pm
quote : #282
Hey, good games everyone, was awesome seeing such a good turnout, I was disappointed I had to leave early on a day with so many players. I agree with Snafu: no repair running, no vehicle capping. That shit is damn annoying. Still glad to have everybody here. I wouldn't have been able to host today since I had to leave early, but I can try hosting next week. My internet is only 50mbps so it might be laggy for everyone else.

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:13 pm
quote : #283
Hell yeah that was a great few matches we could play. I only vehicle flag capped because I saw the other team starting doing it and we were starting to looose.. sooo thought it was fair game? Confused Cool to see DEEZ make an appearance outta nowhere. Wasn't he originally Deeznuts back in the day? Or was that a different person. Been so long I can't remember. I was PANCAKES btw. He's the mythological legend from Cabin Fever. And he does fly...ing kicks.

Andes Attack
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:56 am
quote : #284
Aye it's fair to say I didn't have a fookin clue what was going on, but tbh I was distracted by the fact that the new football season has started and the highlights programme started at 10.30 (4.30 your time). Ah well, I'll try get some practice in before next week. As a rule I'm a TDM MP player, that's always quite enough for me to worry about without looking for any more trouble, so different game modes are entirely bewildering. Practice is clearly required to avoid being a total sitting duck and not a lot else, doubt I'll get chance to get near it this week with work being a bit on top but we'll see.

Deez
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:02 am
quote : #285
Type: VA
gg's

i was super rusty, good gosh. had fun though, sorry I had to cut it short. thanks for the PM rook, let me know when the next one is and ill make sure i brush off this rust.

deeznutz was not me back in the day. I was originally {AMUD}DoDeez then later <EX>1)EEZ.

Smile