quote : #331
profile : pm
i don't get it...

koss and Cirrus

gooD oLd friends...

still playing spLit screen

i mean, what do you need

another ps2... another tv... What?

or is this your only excuse to hang out because you don't much other wise?

i Love it !! Twisted Evil

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:15 pm
quote : #332
I can smell the tears from here rookie. Crying or Very sad

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:17 pm
quote : #333
out of all the times to record... this would of been one of them Sad

seven peeps?

i kept up a good mix and, i know i pist off people with my flipN, LoL he was there,

i saw a more fair of a challenge when i did it'

thin ice fLip was doing flag defense for a little too long when the spLit sceeners was just kicking ass

i have never seen fLip finally go for the fLag as hard as he did... it was great

my buddy whitecastle, i ididn't think he would show, showed up and stiLL lovin his satchels

chak88 still needs to know... very much to not to pLay tribes without using the flare grenades
i taught him that awhile ago.

where the kucf was DaMan? he never said he would show though
and the other guy... i'm not certain.

best gg in a long time

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:21 pm
quote : #334
Whitecastle’s satchel placement was UNREAL. Shocked

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:25 pm
quote : #335
Hah, yeah man, tribes is our monthly ritual where we meet up, crack a beer, and try to re-live the glory days of tribes. Split screening is awesome, and apparently a feature that gets left out of modern games, probably just to sell more units and force everyone to buy their own damn console. You see a lot less when your vision is shrunk down to half a screen, but it's worth it to have someone there who can witness the perfect midair shot that kills the enemy capper or something like that. Also doesn't hurt having an extra pair of eyes on the battlefield.

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:27 pm
quote : #336
Yeah, and whitecastles definitely lured me into his carefully placed satchel traps more than once. Well done.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:44 pm
quote : #337
i'll tell him to read here

we should all go to" bobzentertainment.com welcome google bot" google that

to talk next time

i'm going there now

for a short time

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:29 pm
quote : #338
Type: NTSC-U/C
Damn. Looks like I missed out. Had I been there it would have made 8 players O_O I got cought up with Tax stuff that didn't get sorted out on Friday so I have been sitting in a pile of papers all afternoon.

I have the equipment to start recording some matches, I just have to get a few things sorted out before I can do that. I have a machine with a SD Capture card in it, and two Micomsoft capture cards. One has a bug though that requires Win 8.1+ to skirt around a CPU 100% issue, and the other is a standalone capture card that requires no OS and records to SD Card. It can do 60fps 720p, 30fps 1080p.

It will be great to get some of these matches up on YT and start promoting that the TAA community is still out there, and that TAA can still be played online. I am getting there, currently still working on this large documentation project which will help people like Kansas1327 get onto TAA from the PC.
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 pm
quote : #339
Type: NTSC-U/C
Glad to know my satchels are appreciated, it is a dying art. But I had a great time Sunday, even with the "stretching" needed to get back into the game. I kinda wish I had the recording capabilities long ago to show my most satisfying teamkill of 82nd, which I said hi with one plasma blast near him and then he fired many spinfusors back, so while he launched straight up in the air I laser rifled up him the taint. One shot teamkill, hard to do.(satchel charge is the exception)

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:12 pm
quote : #340
Type: ???
koss wrote:
flip managed to get a ton of mid air grenades. Not sure how he did it but he wrecked my shit with all those damn grenades.

I don't think you were the only one. I was just nailing all of my shots at a certain angle, much outside of that I was trying to relearn and could barely land a nade. A ton of fun though! Definitely one of the things about TAA that makes it so special. It's hard to find a game that requires as much skill to land a shot with a weapon.

Rಥ_ಥKie wrote:
thin ice fLip was doing flag defense for a little too long when the spLit sceeners was just kicking ass

i have never seen fLip finally go for the fLag as hard as he did... it was great

I definitely stayed on base defense too long. Was moreso trying to get us set nicely for the game.

Why did you team switch me and koss before whitecastle came in, though? You should never do that in the middle of the match. Unless of course someone joins and gets placed on the winning team. You did the same thing on another map.... You can't complain about them always playing together if you yoyo them around when you aren't winning or things aren't going your way.
Posted:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:28 pm
quote : #341
I flipped you because it was ctf not tdm and you have to get the flag to win

I flipped Cirrus because bots had more points then him after 3 or more minutes
He was at zero for awhile
Flipped him
Boom he started getting points

peopLe take breaks
It made the matches closer

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 pm
quote : #342
Idea
New Rule: Don't change players teams.... at least don't do it in the middle of a match. We are all veterans to the game, and we are all capable of deciding for ourselves when to switch teams if things are out of balance.

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:40 pm
quote : #343
Snafu Organizer wrote:
I flipped you because it was ctf not tdm and you have to get the flag to win

I flipped Cirrus because bots had more points then him after 3 or more minutes
He was at zero for awhile
Flipped him
Boom he started getting points

peopLe take breaks
It made the matches closer

yeah I go for a quick smoke break in between matches

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:25 pm
quote : #344
So far the games have been close when I flipped people

Most of us are veteran players here but I am a veteran host for the past eleven or more years so I will host the way I have been and if you ever host I will go by your rules.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:06 pm
quote : #345
What a great couple games of cutthroat cnh, 10 minute rounds, and the ai of the bots had to of been at 10, games

i tried to vote on a map and lord nikon voted no ...

we almost did a full rotation of the maps on cnh with out skipping the order of the maps

cnh... with vehicles... and ten minute rounds? ... DAMN

insalubria, one of the slowest loading maps or is the slowest loading map ever on taa

... we played that one too

the final round, Siroco, made me sweat, it was damn close and made me work a bunch

i'm just stoked to see another open room because i can't even see my own LoL