Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed May 11, 2016 10:04 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
A lot of games seem to cut to the credits at the very end without letting you save. So the game is always left in a state of incomplete.

I was just playing Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires and I bet the game. It prompted me to save "history", but when I got back to the start menu and loaded my game again, it was right back to where I was just before conquering all the lands and winning the game. I know I beat the game. I just wish they would reset the territories or let me continue to battle with my army somehow. If anything, set the save as "complete".

Do you know of any games that do this?
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:33 am
quote : #2
Are you talking about a feature such as New Game+, where you can start the game over with everything you earned during the first playthrough? Two games that come to mind with that feature are Way of the Samurai and Ace Combat 4. In Ace Combat 4, there is literally no other way to purchase all of the jets without it.
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:42 pm
quote : #3
I wish it was New Game+, thats what I want.

Here is what happens:

Stage 1
Stage 2
... ...
... ... ...
Stage 10
(It saves the game here)
End Boss
Credits
(Instead of saving here)

The games save at the end of each level but not at the end of the game. So when you boot up the story with that character again, you are right back at the start of the boss fight as if it never happened. It feels like you never get closure.
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:45 pm
quote : #4
This only bothers me if there is a "game complete" percentage that doesn't take the final bit into account. If I beat a game but it saves before the end and my save file is forever stuck at 96.7% complete or something it irks me a little.