Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
ncman071
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:04 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC
ok so i used to play ps2 online back in the day..this morning i was looking to see if any games were still online and i found i guess a fan server for swbf and it works!! just had to change orimary dns. is there a definitive list of ps2 online games still playable as of now dec 2018? i know about tribes but i thought thats all there was because thats all i ever see on this site. but there are others?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:39 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have not bothered to track games playable on server technology where the software was not publically released. I know of some, like TMBO, .hack Fragment, and Resident Evil Outbreak, but the server authors never released their servers for public consumption so I wasn't interested in bothering.

I think the openspy/gamespy stuff might be on tech that is opensource and on github, but I would have to run the software and connect the games to actually confirm what works and what doesn't on such software.

A list of online games for PS2 that connect to servers, that are as easy to connect with as TAA does not currently exist.

Are you playing SWBF1 or 2? One of the interesting things about SWBF1 is that it was super buggy, even offline. It had a rather large patch released that was tied to a console ID. Without the patch, the game is pretty janky. Offline splitscreen auto-aim is on by default and you can't disable it without getting this patch.
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:49 pm
quote : #3
There are people who play all three cod ps2 games and two mortal Kombat games are still played, but you get dropped a lot and there's some Tony Hawks games played still and there's more ps2 games played online

Ps2onlinegaming.com is good but for live and current activities go check out bobzentertainment.com

I have played a number of ps2 games online and some you get dropped or there's hackers that ruin the total game experience.

Tribes, from my experience, is the most solid ps2 online there is. Other games you can try out for yourself. I hope swbf1 or 2 works solid for you

ncman071
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:59 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC
yea i am gonna have to go ahead and pickup tribes and play with you guys. i would love to be as immersed in the ps2 online seen as i am with dreamcast online