Topic: Where is everyone?

Page 1 of 2
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
No new posts, so where and how is everyone?

Look for this Sunday's game of tribes and reply if you can join

DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:18 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Still never got connecting sorted out with my isp.
Kansas1327
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:29 pm
quote : #3
I'm still waiting for the tutorial on how to connect through emulator on my laptop.

I guess I will wait another decade and maybe lordnikon will have told us how..

..but I already know it will never be uploaded by him, as he never gets anything done.. other than telling people how they should be posting on an almost dead forum, lol.

Whatever.

I've been banned many times here before, back in the early-mid 2000's. Some of us just never grow up Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:07 am
quote : #4
Kansas1327 wrote:
I'm still waiting for the tutorial on how to connect through emulator on my laptop.

I guess I will wait another decade and maybe lordnikon will have told us how..

..but I already know it will never be uploaded by him, as he never gets anything done.. other than telling people how they should be posting on an almost dead forum, lol.

Whatever.

I've been banned many times here before, back in the early-mid 2000's. Some of us just never grow up Mr. Green

It must really suck to be so incapable of figuring out anything on your own Kansas1327. If you want, I can start a gofuckyou page so you can actually afford a near 2-decade old aftermarket console and a copy of Tribes. Look, I get it that the PS2 doesn't support WiFi, and your cardboard box of a home lacks an ethernet jack, but even if you could get the game running on your netbook of a laptop at the bus station's coffee shop, its probably not going to run smooth enough for your Cretaceous-era size of a brain to register whether a bot or a human player is the one raping you over and over again anyway.

Maybe money isn't the issue, and its because your butler has always wiped your ass for you that you expect other people solve your own problems. In-fact, the message board in the VM next to mine sent me a noise complaint about all the sobbing that was going on over here. Proxmox doesn't provide a crybaby bitchfest supression module, so I don't know what to tell them.

Newsflash: I owe you fucking nothing. Fuck off.

Last edited by lordnikon on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:15 pm
quote : #5
I'm glad Lord Nikon finally got rid of the game tracker for it was rarely updated and since only tribes was played, it wasn't needed any more

I suggested that a long time ago.

I have a after game lobby thread or just look at the last game scheduled to check the last time tribes was hosted or played instead of the tracker

Well it would be good if people would help out each other to get more players connected on tribes or for people to do what they say they would do or do what I do, just say no and delete any thread related to the subject

Kansas, you have been saying for years that you were coming back to USA or where ever...

What happened with that?

Even though negative, it's nice to see some life here

DaMan, get the phone number of your IP people and they should walk you through your connection issue or find another Ip

I remember my first time connecting on dial up was very hard and the codes and everything they walked me through was tough to do on the ps2

Well merry Xmas anyways

Kansas1327
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:46 am
quote : #6
No where did I say you owe me something, lol.

I simply have been around long enough here to know when you say you're going to do something it is likely a dead statement.

After 8.5 hours at work, coming home to a wife, two young kids, and a dog I prefer to give them the time they deserve rather trying to figure out how to connect online through an emulator, lol Laughing .

Have fun with one less player.

Doom27..

..or the name I one time used and ROOKIE lost his mind and from that moment he had a vengeance..

<TEAM> Doom27

Wink

Bye, have fun with the bots.

Einhander
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:39 pm
quote : #7
Kansas1327 wrote:

It might end up being a wash - The tantrum you threw earlier in this thread actually got me to download Tribes, I'm going to try and get things up and running this weekend.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:09 pm
quote : #8
Yo Einhander, glad to have you on board. Look forward to playing with you.
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:02 am
quote : #9
Thanks, it looks like fun. I picked up an HDMI adapter for my PS2, but neither of the monitors I tried will accept 480i over HDMI. I could goof around with GSM to force higher resolutions and see if that works, but I would need to run it on a normal TV first and memorize the button combination to switch.

I did manage to get ahold of an old 14" CRT TV though, so worst case scenario is I can play over composite on that. The last time I checked games that are run from an internal hard drive won't recognize the Network Adapter in-game, so I'll either have to run it from a USB stick (assuming the load times aren't terrible) or burn an actual disk. More testing to come.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:26 pm
quote : #10
Tribes graphics are good enough so you don't need to go composite

I've played tribes on a computer monitor before with no problems

Just hook up so you can join Sunday's game

Sterist
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:45 am
quote : #11
greetings Smile

i've been around the ps2 scene for a VERY long time and have had enough difficulty in "receiving" forum account activation links that numerous time's i've just shrugged off the forums for years at a time (i'm sure other potential new members have too, not necessarily this forum or "just this" forum)

i haven't been too serious about logging into unofficial servers since about 2010 ish, i seem to recall some sierra devs having involvement in some kind of unofficial servers, at least for a short while, and that's when i last took part.

i'll make a bigger effort to get involved, but can't escape the fact that it's a very old console and i do have all the newer ones, plus life obligations.

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:51 pm
quote : #12
Type: ???
Einhander wrote:
Kansas1327 wrote:

It might end up being a wash - The tantrum you threw earlier in this thread actually got me to download Tribes, I'm going to try and get things up and running this weekend.

Sterist wrote:
greetings Smile

i've been around the ps2 scene for a VERY long time and have had enough difficulty in "receiving" forum account activation links that numerous time's i've just shrugged off the forums for years at a time (i'm sure other potential new members have too, not necessarily this forum or "just this" forum)

i haven't been too serious about logging into unofficial servers since about 2010 ish, i seem to recall some sierra devs having involvement in some kind of unofficial servers, at least for a short while, and that's when i last took part.

i'll make a bigger effort to get involved, but can't escape the fact that it's a very old console and i do have all the newer ones, plus life obligations.

Welcome to the party!

Hopefully we can get some decent sized games going again here soon. Now that the holidays are over it should be easier for people to find the time to log in and play a few games.
Posted:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:22 pm
quote : #13
holy hell i just remembered you lol clan tag jump started the memory

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:27 pm
quote : #14
Type: ???
Noice!!! Cool

You play as Sterist in the golden days?
Posted:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:38 pm
quote : #15
the name sterist comes from everquest on ps2

"sterilizer's alchemist"

but i had this game before everquest.

i did switch "to" this name after it caught on as my "official" IGN but i don't think i was around for long with this name for a number of other boring reasons no one has interest in here.

the reason for complicated answer to a simple question is that my original IGN is one that I can't have publicly disclosed anymore. i'm not tied to a bad rap or anything, it's just personally identifying.