1, 2  Next
ncman071
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:02 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC
Hey guys...i'm new to thiis forum. I have been a dreamcast online console member for many years now and member of dreamcast-talk for a while now too...

I plan on getting Tribes for the ps2 and playing online with you guys. Is tribes the only online playable game right now on ps2?

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:41 pm
quote : #2
Welcome to the forums ncman071! I'm really not sure about any other games for ps2 that are playable online, I am sure there are, but Tribes I think has the most activity when we can schedule to get everyone on at once. Look forward to playing with you! There are games on most Sundays, look to the game organization on the right of the front page for times.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:43 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey ncman071, welcome to the PS2 site Smile

TribesAA isn't the only playable PS2 online, but its the one game that has a constantly running and stable infrastructure. Other games can be played online, which I have to look into, but the servers were not released for them by those who developed them, and other games have to be tunneled. I still need to do testing with XBSLink, but my testing lab needs to be up and running to get some games tested. I will be providing a more accurate list of what is possible to play online on the PS2 in the future.

But... for now, just enjoy Tribes Aerial Assault. Games are consistantly played every Sunday afternoon at around 4:30 PM Central US Time. Matches have been happening every week for almost 2 years now, and I feel it has had the most online activity amongst any retro online console game over the past few years. Most of this can be attributed to the small group of TAA players (Snafu Organizer, koss, Cirrus, fLiP, and DaMan) who are dedicated to playing so regularly.

See the online setup guide for more info:
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_taa_online.php

Its very easy to get up and running to play.
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:58 pm
quote : #4
Ncman071, welcome!

I am very curious, how on Earth did you discover TAA and what made you want to play it? How much do you know about Tribes? Have you ever played before? It has a lot of elements and the learning curve can be steep. Don't let that intimidate you though, the game is a ton of fun and we will go easy on you while you're learning.

Kansas1327
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:45 pm
quote : #5
You can still tunnel Socom 1 and Socom 2 I believe, which from what I hear has up to 50-90 players at one time quite often.

ncman071
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:35 pm
quote : #6
koss wrote:
Ncman071, welcome!

I am very curious, how on Earth did you discover TAA and what made you want to play it? How much do you know about Tribes? Have you ever played before? It has a lot of elements and the learning curve can be steep. Don't let that intimidate you though, the game is a ton of fun and we will go easy on you while you're learning.

i've known this game has been online for quite a while...i used to play ps2 online back in the day with the socom games and the ratchet and clank games...and have viistied this site on many occassions and i just want to experience playing the ps2 online again.....i've had a blast playing the dreamcast online and want to part of the ps2 community again regardless of the game

ncman071
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:44 am
quote : #7
well i finally went ahead and ordered TAA. i look forward to playing with you all soon!

ncman071
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:08 am
quote : #8
got the game in the mail couple days ago..this morning set up the connection and i'm ready to roll!!

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:27 am
quote : #9
Did you test the connection and see the dumby master list room? If not, you won't be able to join

Give me a time you want to test the game out or
Sunday at 4:30pm cst

ncman071
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:23 pm
quote : #10
yes i was able to see the master list room

i could try to test later tonight...about to go somewhere with my sons...but if not, can definitly try to play tomorrow at 430

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:41 am
quote : #11
Sunday it is then

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:59 pm
quote : #12
Another person who does no shows, that sucks

At least there's bots

Next time you pick the time

ncman071
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:25 pm
quote : #13
something came up man. sorry about that.

ncman071
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:26 pm
quote : #14
are you doing anything around 930 est tonight?

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:48 pm
quote : #15
Yeah shit happens

Sure I'll host at 9:30pm est