Topic: Hello old friends!!

Page 2 of 2
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:58 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Sunday is the main day, but I could do a 9pm cst game Thursday tonight. From the main page of this forum, look at the center right and you'll see game organization and leave a reply there if you can join tonight's game and if I don't see a reply, I won't host until Sunday.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:49 pm
quote : #17
No tribes tonight. I'll see you on Sunday's only.

carabel
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:33 am
quote : #18
Mang i would love to get back to playing my favorite game in the world. i just got a copy for my ps2 and im planning on playing 12 hours per day.

however i cant figure out how set up the network settings. never done it before. any tips/articles? many many thanks.

carabel
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:39 am
quote : #19
Looking forward to sundays brahs.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:24 pm
quote : #20
Well i hope you know how to join. If you don't see the master list you will not be able to connect.

From the main page of tribes go down to network configurations and after you click on it and add or edit a setting from your memory card, keep everything on auto except the dns. You'll need to manually enter the primary dns of 142.4.223.231

142 is the first number then

There's four places for four numbers and just keep your 2nd primary dns number all at 0.0.0.0, check it and save it. If it works, i might see you at 4:30pm cst on Sunday.

If you don't see the master list room you won't be able to see or join my room so test it out before game time to make sure you know what you're doing.

PurpleHeart
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 am
quote : #21
Wow.. some very familiar names on this thread! I know it's a couple years old, but shit... it was created 15 years after T:AA! Hopefully a couple of you guys see this. Tribes: Aerial Assault was the first online game I had ever played, and to this day holds some of the best memories of my young life. No game has compared since, and likely none ever will.

I remember communicating to people by writing out letters on the ground with the gattling gun. Somehow getting sucked into S.Y.F. with BUNBUNS and the other one, and getting trolled by them and kicked from all of their servers when I joined (NS) who they hated so much. My parents hated my Tribes addiction, because they couldn't make or receive any phone calls due to our dial-up connection. I remember joining a game and saw multiple people with eT- in their name, and I thought it was cool, so my little brother and I changed our names to eT- MelloYello and eT- FunkyBunny. We didn't know what a clan was and diddn't understand why the other guys were spamming "No!" and voting to kick us. It wasn't until discovering the forums that I learned, and eventually joined (NS) as my first clan/team. Being that their team was "Navy Seals", I thought I had to have a militarized name. That's when I decided to go by PurpleHeart (or PURPLE <3), and my brother was NavyCross. I remember writing out an essay-long post on the NS forums thanking them for taking me in, and apologizing to them for leaving when I knew I could hang with the more dominant clans out there.

Also, R@@KIE, FUCK YOU AND YOUR CHEATING GATLING GUN/DIALUP COMBO!!! Hahaha sorry, I had to get that out of the way!

I may not have been apart of the community from the beginning, but I feel I was one of my most well-rounded players in my prime, and could hold my own with some of the greats that I remember so fondly.

I miss the fuck out of that game!!

Last edited by PurpleHeart on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:21 am; edited 4 times in total

PurpleHeart
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:01 am
quote : #22
In the dying days of T:AA, I would switch between PURPLE <3 and FatKidsLoveCake. Since then, I've gone by FatKidsLoveCake as my gamertag (FatKldsLoveCake with an L instead of an i in most cases, since the original was taken on Xbox). These days, I don't have any consoles, and only play League of Legends.

If any of you still check this thread, it would be great to reminisce!

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:02 am
quote : #23
Me and koss are trying to get a game going on Sunday but neither of us can host, unfortunately.

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:49 pm
quote : #24
Type: ???
Yo PurpleHeart I definitely remember you! Always playing a solid game. I knew I could count on some good games when you would log in to a server that I was playing in.

Would be nice to get some games in again together. Maybe I could try hosting on Sunday to see if it'll work. lets try to link up here on the forums at 5 central on Sunday and we can go from there.
Posted:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:15 pm
quote : #25
I'll have to buy a PS2 and copy of T:AA, but it would be great to get a game going!

Cirrus
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:04 pm
quote : #26
Where the fuck is you Boss fLiP????

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:30 pm
quote : #27
Type: ???
I just suck at life Embarassed
Posted:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:37 pm
quote : #28
Type: NTSC-U/C
BlingShyne2 wrote:
Wow, the other day I was going through my old games and found t:aa, still no game compared. I play ally of Titanfall 2 on PS4, but still I have fond memories of this one that can't be topped.

Anyways I popped it in my ps3 seeing if I could take it online. Didn't seem to see anyone even though it said I was connected, however going through the motions and hearing the "bwaaang!" Of a successful connection brought such feelings of nostalgia that I almost had tears in my eyes.

Back in the day, I didn't have internet, Lord Nikon hooked me up with some free dial-up and kept me playing for nearly a year and a half before I got broadband. Still owe him many thanks.

I'm sure it's not too difficult to set up online functions, but these days I have a wife and 3 kids, I'll look into it later, but now I'd love to just meet up with some old faces. I'm also on the Facebook group, named Tommy Maryin but I never really get on FB these days.

Anyone remember .exe?? Acrophilliac, Odysseus, Dirty Bill, EvilShen, magic med, Deja Vu, IBKILLINU.. all my old squad, I miss this game immensely. I always buy T:AA when I see it, i have so many copies holy fuck.

You were feared. Good to see an old face.

SpeedyG
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:42 pm
quote : #29
Type: NTSC-U/C
PurpleHeart wrote:
Wow.. some very familiar names on this thread! I know it's a couple years old, but shit... it was created 15 years after T:AA! Hopefully a couple of you guys see this. Tribes: Aerial Assault was the first online game I had ever played, and to this day holds some of the best memories of my young life. No game has compared since, and likely none ever will.

I remember communicating to people by writing out letters on the ground with the gattling gun. Somehow getting sucked into S.Y.F. with BUNBUNS and the other one, and getting trolled by them and kicked from all of their servers when I joined (NS) who they hated so much. My parents hated my Tribes addiction, because they couldn't make or receive any phone calls due to our dial-up connection. I remember joining a game and saw multiple people with eT- in their name, and I thought it was cool, so my little brother and I changed our names to eT- MelloYello and eT- FunkyBunny. We didn't know what a clan was and diddn't understand why the other guys were spamming "No!" and voting to kick us. It wasn't until discovering the forums that I learned, and eventually joined (NS) as my first clan/team. Being that their team was "Navy Seals", I thought I had to have a militarized name. That's when I decided to go by PurpleHeart (or PURPLE <3), and my brother was NavyCross. I remember writing out an essay-long post on the NS forums thanking them for taking me in, and apologizing to them for leaving when I knew I could hang with the more dominant clans out there.

Also, R@@KIE, FUCK YOU AND YOUR CHEATING GATLING GUN/DIALUP COMBO!!! Hahaha sorry, I had to get that out of the way!

I may not have been apart of the community from the beginning, but I feel I was one of my most well-rounded players in my prime, and could hold my own with some of the greats that I remember so fondly.

I miss the fuck out of that game!!

Hi sexy. Shocked