Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
SpeedyG
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
...that would enable more chat options used in game.

Does anyone remember this?

For the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Please help me. Laughing

Also, does anyone here still use Vent for communications? That, too, would rock.
Any info is welcomed.

Peace,
Josh

SpeedyG
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm
quote : #2
It seems I've come back around too late. I'll check back within a couple of months to see if any interest to play this game has risen back up.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:07 pm
quote : #3
SpeedyG wrote:

Also, does anyone here still use Vent for communications? That, too, would rock.
Any info is welcomed.

Peace,
Josh

The chat options only work on AADS (dedicated) servers, but the other feature was alternate control scheme options which when saved would let you use the new control layout on any server.

SpeedyG wrote:
It seems I've come back around too late. I'll check back within a couple of months to see if any interest to play this game has risen back up.

Most people seem to expect a lobby teaming with players to be available when its convenient for them. Its expected that everybody else is supposed to prop up the game so its served on a silver platter. A service, like XBLA, PSN, etc, that "serves" you.

Games reach a certain threshold where the number of active players are unable to maintain this level of convenience. Its very hard to get a game back over the hump again to where this is possible. Games were organized, mostly by "Snafu Organizer" for almost 3-4 years. We played a LOT of Tribes, but it took hard work, dedicatation by the players involved, and we all had to commit to connecting at pre-designated times to play. 98% of the time the master list was devoid of servers and activity, but during key times, matches were happening.

You are more than welcome to casually check this site every once and a while to see if other users have done the hard work for you, to give you the online experience you are seeking. Sorry if this sounds terse, but this site has been online since 2003, and many people have come to the site, voicing their opinion on what they feel "this site should provide to them", and they move on.

Don't get me wrong. Online gaming, is about Humans playing vs other Humans. You need a player base for online gaming to occur. However, given the state of affairs, everyone has to be involved. It requires extra effort every step of the way. You also need to understand if we have 7 people who are regular players, one person might have lost their memory card with their primary TAA save on it (like me... I simply cannot find this thing...but I will!), others may have moved and their PS2 is in a box, someone else might be having a baby right now, others might simply be playing a different game on the PS2 or even another platform (which is totally okay!), and others might have held the torch of Community Manager (a la Snafu) for quite a while and are taking a bit of a well deserved break from the week-in-week-out match scheduling.

You gotta be more patient and start to understand the hurdles of trying to preserve and continue to play a game such as this. You can also not be patient. Either way its up to you and we welcome you back whenever you want to try and get involved.
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:02 pm
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:

Any info is welcomed.

Peace,
Josh

The chat options only work on AADS (dedicated) servers, but the other feature was alternate control scheme options which when saved would let you use the new control layout on any server.

SpeedyG wrote:

Most people seem to expect a lobby teaming with players to be available when its convenient for them. Its expected that everybody else is supposed to prop up the game so its served on a silver platter. A service, like XBLA, PSN, etc, that "serves" you.

Games reach a certain threshold where the number of active players are unable to maintain this level of convenience. Its very hard to get a game back over the hump again to where this is possible. Games were organized, mostly by "Snafu Organizer" for almost 3-4 years. We played a LOT of Tribes, but it took hard work, dedicatation by the players involved, and we all had to commit to connecting at pre-designated times to play. 98% of the time the master list was devoid of servers and activity, but during key times, matches were happening.

You are more than welcome to casually check this site every once and a while to see if other users have done the hard work for you, to give you the online experience you are seeking. Sorry if this sounds terse, but this site has been online since 2003, and many people have come to the site, voicing their opinion on what they feel "this site should provide to them", and they move on.

Don't get me wrong. Online gaming, is about Humans playing vs other Humans. You need a player base for online gaming to occur. However, given the state of affairs, everyone has to be involved. It requires extra effort every step of the way. You also need to understand if we have 7 people who are regular players, one person might have lost their memory card with their primary TAA save on it (like me... I simply cannot find this thing...but I will!), others may have moved and their PS2 is in a box, someone else might be having a baby right now, others might simply be playing a different game on the PS2 or even another platform (which is totally okay!), and others might have held the torch of Community Manager (a la Snafu) for quite a while and are taking a bit of a well deserved break from the week-in-week-out match scheduling.

You gotta be more patient and start to understand the hurdles of trying to preserve and continue to play a game such as this. You can also not be patient. Either way its up to you and we welcome you back whenever you want to try and get involved.

This makes total sense.

Fair enough. Keep me in mind. I'm still practicing against bots. I would love a match. Win or lose. Hehe.

Deez
rank 7
Posted:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:53 pm
quote : #5
Type: VA
CHAT-TEST if I remember correctly. Man I miss that feature.
rank 3
Posted:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:50 pm
quote : #6
Deez wrote:
CHAT-TEST if I remember correctly. Man I miss that feature.

Yes sir. That was it!

Thank you. Cool

I suppose I won't be able to use that function with the current servers. No worries. It's still good to know.