Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
that uses the Grav. Bikes more than the fighters? The fighters are all too common and most teams have defenses aganist aircrafts. But when I sneak up, steal a flag, and drive away on my Bike, the opposing team usually standing around yelling "WTF mates?" I'm suprised no one else uses the bike, especially on Katabatic, where you can sneak around the back on the enemy base, then go out the same route.....

-Mytho

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:20 pm
quote : #2
i guess i never gave the bike a chance. i just couldnt get the hang of it.
ill give it a shot.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:38 pm
quote : #3
I love bikes and can get them in places that seem impossible.

Your V-Capping technique doesn't work in AADS (though I wish it did) and most people look down on V-Capping in any form. Sad

The bikes still rock though especially for stealthily reaching the base to cap.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:48 pm
quote : #4
Apple wrote:
I love bikes and can get them in places that seem impossible.

Your V-Capping technique doesn't work in AADS (though I wish it did) and most people look down on V-Capping in any form. Sad

The bikes still rock though especially for stealthily reaching the base to cap.

I'm assuming v-capping is vehicle capping, right? How can it not work in AADS?

Yea, the grav cycles are very useful, especially in maps like Katabatic. Just take the scenic route to the enemy team's base and you're set. Shrikes, Bombers, and Transports are way too easily spotted, though the Shrikes are nice and fast.

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:43 am
quote : #5
i've tried that tatic before but the grav bikes tale on to much damge and they blow up real wuick so i use either the bomber or the jet but sometimes the grave bikes do come in handy .....

BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:15 pm
quote : #6
yea guys, theres a few rules that will get you kicked from AADS servers or ANY room not full of noobs...

V-Capping: Vehicle Capping, you know the sound you get when you have on armor to big for a vehicle? you get that when you try and jump in.

RR: Repair Running, this is when you have a repair pack and run around repairing yourself while being shot at.

Hunting: hunting down the same person unfairly, for example, scoping out for a certain person whos in heavy and taking him out in light over and over.

thats about it though...

- BlingShyne2.exe
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:02 am
quote : #7
I think RR and V-Capping are really bad. I personally look down on people that do this. It's cheap. First off games go pretty fast already as it is without these. Flag runners these days are really fast and some matches end in minutes if the opposing team isn't defending their shit right. Allowing either of these features would make flag retrieval near impossible and would hinder gameplay.

As far as Hunting however, this I have no problem with. Nothing wrong with owning someone. If someone is tossing you all over the map whooping your ass left and right, you better get some skills together and go kick his ass. This is a retarted rule, I don't know how often I see it enforced though. Personally if someone is killing you over and over, go try and kick his ass. I personally like these little duels and grudge matches sometimes. Really makes for some exciting competition. Plus at the end of the game, both are usually saying "Good Game". And it's all good.
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:57 pm
quote : #8
I've never heard the hunting rule. Though some higher clan memebers seem to think it exists. Rolling Eyes

I only see repair running as bad in CD servers. Do it someplace else and you'll die.

BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:35 pm
quote : #9
oops, I forgot to say that hunting WASNT a rule as much as it is looked down upon. but RR and V-capping are.

people try to hunt down .inc's and .POW's all the time to show that there bad when there really nubs getting cheap kills.

but hunting gets annoying, for example for disruptors, if your going somewhere in heavy and the same person in light keeps coming for you then its hunting. not necessarily a rule but it does get annoying.

also, chaingunning the host is forbidden, since the host of a player hosted server has bullets stick to him like shit to a blanket, the chaingun can eat up a host from half the maps length away (try it if you dont believe me)
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile