Page Location: Home > Armored Core > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:11 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok folks. Time for some juicy info. As many of you may or may not know. I am a huge Armored Core Fan. I currently own Armored Core 3, and have built numerious mechs in both Armored Core 2 and Armored Core 2 Another Age. I had also played the early PS1 versions however didn't really get addicted to the game until the PS2 versions.

Anyways....wether you are aware or not a new new Armored Core game was recently released in Japan. Armored Core Nexus. I won't get into too much detail about the game just really bringing up a few key points here.

First off, in terms of customization there is no game that rivals the shear precision that this game has. You fully build and pimp out your mech with hundreds...and I do mean hundreds of parts. The game is the unrivaled king when it comes to any type of mech game. There are many immitators but only 1 originator. I don't care how many other games you pull out....even Steal Battallion for the xbox is not as supreme as Armored Core. Yea Steel Battallion has the massive 200.00 controller with 4 buttons, but where talking about the game here, not peripherals.

On top of that Armored Core games on the PS2 look unbelievable. Clear crisp graphics and highly detailed environments.

The japanese release of AC:nexus is....currently Online in japan.

Not only this but the control scheme now takes use of BOTH ANALOGS. Thats right people, both fucking analogs. Not only this you can FULLY customize your control scheme layout. In previous AC games you had to use the L1 and R1 buttons look up and look down. It took a long time to get used to and targeting with precision takes a lot of tight control.

So this game might be online come this winter. Armored Core Nexus might be online in the United States this winter people. Fucking Armored Core....online. The implications of this are staggering to the mind. User's taking their fully customized mechs online for all out mayhem.

Just thinking about this is making me freak out as I am typing this.

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:57 pm
quote : #2
I can't wait! This series has been SCREAMING for online play.

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:19 pm
quote : #3
Finally! I won't s*ck so much! Yay for analog sticks!

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:13 pm
quote : #4
That sounds like fun... Here's to more online PS2 games that aren't sports titles!
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:24 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea i hope agetec takes the initiative to bring this game online for the US release.

I believe no matter what this game will have LAN features. Which means we could tunnel it if they chose not to release it with full online capabilities.

The new PS2+ models do not have an i.Link port. The whole point of playing Armored Core was to i.Link your PS2's for multiplayer. You xbox gamers know how people get together for halo sessions? Well this what AC fans do using the i.Link firewire port on the PS2. Now that this has been removed from newer models, Agetec has no choice but to leave that networking component in place.

I hope agetec listens to their core fanbase and keeps the online features intact for a US release.

If you are unaware, the game is originally created by From Software in japan, however for North American release all Armored Core titles are tweaked and released by Agetec.