Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:13 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

On the heals of Midway's announcement of Mortal Kombat Deception for the Playstation 2, we have 5 brand new screenshots. The game will feature destructable arena's, as well as hidden room's and breakthrough walls. In Mortal Kombat's I through III, one always got the sense that the environments were more than they seemed to be. Mainly because fatalities often took advantage of offscreen locations. Whether it be a pit below covered in spikes, or an upper-cut that drove you and your opponent to another level above through the cieling. Not only this but midway seems to be elaborating on a feature found in the original Mortal Kombat. If your a die hard MK fan, you know all about "Test your might!" Thats right breaking wood and bricks in between levels was a button mashing funfest, especially in the arcades. Developers are bringing back these features however ina more complex way. Mortal Kombat Puzzle Fighter? Mortal Kombat Chess? Some of these mini-games could be games in and of themselves.

For the latest 5 shots of MK:Deception, check out the screenshots page.

rank 15
Posted:
Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:10 am
quote : #2
Sounds like a mix of MK3's corny fixings, and a pinch of deadly alliance.

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:36 pm
quote : #3
man thats so cool. thats what i loved about dead or alive on the dreamcast. you could throw people off platforms or kick them through windows. my suggestion to the developers would be have an unlockable 2d mode, or unlockable classic midway arcade games. i mean all that was unlockable in deadly alliance was pictures. some were pretty cool though.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:59 am
quote : #4
Sweet i seen this in PSM and there is chess and some other ones ill get back to this i seen it in PSM but i seem to have lost the mag so ill get back to this .....

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:44 pm
quote : #5
That's really funny. How are they going to avoid getting sued by Capcom over "Puzzle Kombat," though?

I definitely love the idea, but I do hope they got permission first.
Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:41 pm
quote : #6
capco, did they have this game somewhere else or what and if so i think that this idea is awsome thats sweet every puzzle piece you comlete the fighter does an action to kill the other person oh yeah and online SWEET! maybe this will restore that fire ...........

DRBagabundo
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:17 pm
quote : #7
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance was (to me) the best Mortal Kombat game made. Now if they're improving it and adding shit that's in the DOA games, it must be good. Ayo Nikon, the Test Your Might thing was my fav in the first one...lol...I used to do the cheat code for Genesis in order just to play it (Up, Down, Left, Right, A Button, Right, Down....it's been like 10 years and I still remember it...lol).
XBOX - Ninja Gaiden & Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:43 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea I can't wait for Midway Arcade Treasures Vol 2 to come out. It will have the original Mortal Kombat!!!! and Mortal Kombat 2!!!! *drools*