Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:57 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have never actually sat down and played TribesAA for PS2 yet, how is the frame rate? and how good are the graphics? Any comments on this would be helpfull, just looking to get some opinions on this.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:02 pm
quote : #2
my opinion is dat the graphics are rather decent and the frame rate is pretty smooth
here's wut someone from ign.com said about the graphics in its review

"Aerial Assault effectively presents the scale and visual style of Tribes maps, if not quite the level of detail we encountered in the PC games. They're about as big as the levels in the original Tribes, although there are some designs lifted in truncated fashion from Tribes 2 -- one gets the impression that this is something like what the canned Fast Attack project would have turned out to be. The draw distance is pretty good, with fog intruding only when it's meant to, although it's unfortunate that fog occasionally replaces the cool-looking water areas in a couple of the Tribes 2 maps.

Weapon effects in the PS2 version are quite solid, including the expected explosions and lighting effects for area-effect weapons -- there are also some nice highlighting effects on the shiny bits of the soldiers' armor. Altogether, this is a strong visual package considering where it's coming and what it's trying to do. The only notable problem is the occasional drop in framerate (for the most it's a solid 30 fps), and that only occurs in a very crowded shootout, or when you're trying to fly a vehicle in third-person over an enemy base. That does, however, provide a pretty significant incentive to master first-person vehicle control."

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:19 am
quote : #3
How large are the maps? Are they really big? like expansive? outdoors? Or like indoors?

Oh and what kind of vehicles can you drive?
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:08 pm
quote : #4
every map i played was outdoors with a few buildings you can fly into.
the vehicles are: a starwars speeder bike type craft, a fighter jet, and a transport vessle. i played an online match called "transport wars" CRAZY fun. the whole jet pack thing thew me off at first. but in practice, it works REALLY well. especially when theres no target lock. it can get REAL hectic. soooo coool. and i concur with koda, the graphics are simply decent. the framerate is solid. and the dial up speet isnt to laggy.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
kodabb51
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:18 pm
quote : #5
o yea my name on taa is RA>koda...ppl who have this game post ur name in taa so i can add u to my buddy list Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:53 pm
quote : #6
There is a buddy list in TAA?
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:08 pm
quote : #7
yup so u can find ur buddies and play wit them online Very Happy

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:31 pm
quote : #8
Can you use USB Mouse and Keyboard, or just the controler?

-TheMytho

Apple
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:04 pm
quote : #9
Just the controller and it's hard to find...
If you want I have a movie I made of tribes that you could upload onto here and one that is a smaller "dance party" that I have uploaded elsewhere.
The lack of keyboard/headset is made up for by CHAT-TEST (which I have made a video guide for) andit works fairly well when everyone uses it. I have screenshots or can get more if you want any...
To really enjoy this game participate in the community at Tribesaa.com