Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

A while back we posted news about Bomberman Online hitting the Playstation 2. We also reported it was to launch this summer in Japan. Up until now we have had a difficult time confirming any news about this playstation 2 online title. Well we just got some news. Finally!

The game was delayed, and was not released this summer as originally reported. Hudson Soft has confirmed Bomberman Online is due to release this November 2003 in Japan. It was recently shown at TGS'03 in playable format.

The game will feature chat room's, net rankings, along with games up to 8 players.

For those of you who experience Bomberman Online on the dreamcast(which is now non-functional at the moment), this is incredible news.I myself(lordnikon), will be importing this game if it can be played from regions outside the US. We realize that many of you will be very anxious to import this game. We will be taking whatever steps necessary to verify this.

rank 3
Posted:
Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:51 am
quote : #2
I wish it was coming to the us Sad Well maybe ill have to import.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:49 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well there just has been no announcement yet as far as when the US release will come. Bomberman is a worldwide franchise. Bomberman sells great in the US. All the bomberman games that come out for gamecube, hit the US and Europe.

This game should be released in the United States, when....only time will tell. However many people very very impatient, like mysef, just want the game now now now now. So if the game is playable online in other regions, I'm gonna get the import when I have the money.

People have been playing FF-XI online japanese version from the US and other regions for months now.
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:03 pm
quote : #4
Ah... I'll just end up buying both. Got both Saturn versions, might as well get both PS2 sets. It looks really good; the trailer videos at IGN are really impressing me:
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/499/499283.html

Especially if we can use the online functionality here in North America, the Japanese version will be on my shelf. Definitely.

(And sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, given that I've posted just about everywhere else possible that refers to Bomberman.)