Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
Previous  1, 2
SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Sun May 02, 2004 4:46 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
[/quote]Well Japanese games won't/don't have dial-up because most people have better broadband connections than we do so they arn't just going to add the features in.
Quote:

He is exactally right keep in mind that most of our games come from japan and there not gona slow down just because the US is tecnologicaly behind. Dial-up has reached its peak i mean its ok to browse the internet but thats about it. Dial-up is not ment for heavy dls and gaming now days. Just like TVs are suppose to upgrade internet will as well dont worry about all those ppl who dont have BB evntually the price and avalibilty will better. But it takes time man cant u see that developers wanna make it so more ppl use BB this was one of sonys plans when they realeased the network adapter and this is a fact if I find the article about it ill post it.

Posted Sun May 02, 2004 10:50 pm:

lol just notice i messed up on my post the quote is at the top and the 1 on the bottom was my post. Sry kinda was in a hurry Sad
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 1:22 am
quote : #17
Sega approached online as 99 percent dial and work on broad band for the future. Dial-up made sense because it was the standard and developers didn't have fuss over whether to go broad band or not. Sony has both set ups and isn't standardizing what hook up to go with. Microsoft took broadband only which isn't clashing with dial-up, so debate is going on, you get DSL or Cable. Theres no confusion for developers or gamers. The only problem with broadband is the cost. I get online with my Dreamcast at no cost at all, but XBOX LIVE is at least 29.99 for DSL a month and 49.99 on a cable connection. Well, i'm still gaming online with my Dreamcast until i decide to spend a 100.00 bucks to go LIVE with XBOX. I'm probaly gonna get a PS2 but online service is a big question for the PS2. I think i can share a DSL account between the XBOX and the PS2 which is a hell of a lot cheaper then separate services i hope this will work.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 1:28 pm
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
Freshcut_t70 wrote:
Sega approached online as 99 percent dial and work on broad band for the future. Dial-up made sense because it was the standard and developers didn't have fuss over whether to go broad band or not. Sony has both set ups and isn't standardizing what hook up to go with. Microsoft took broadband only which isn't clashing with dial-up, so debate is going on, you get DSL or Cable. Theres no confusion for developers or gamers. The only problem with broadband is the cost. I get online with my Dreamcast at no cost at all, but XBOX LIVE is at least 29.99 for DSL a month and 49.99 on a cable connection. Well, i'm still gaming online with my Dreamcast until i decide to spend a 100.00 bucks to go LIVE with XBOX. I'm probaly gonna get a PS2 but online service is a big question for the PS2. I think i can share a DSL account between the XBOX and the PS2 which is a hell of a lot cheaper then separate services i hope this will work.

There should be no problem AT ALL sharing one connection between two devices. Just unplug the cable from one device and plug it into the next. Badda bing, badda boom.