Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 1:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Man check this out i had just went to ign.com and i saw this huge ad for this controller .......

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 6:21 pm
quote : #2
I paid $70 for my PS2 Logitech wireless controller when it first came out a few years ago and it runs on 4 AA batteries! Evil or Very Mad Oh well, that just shows how technology and the market is changing. Still, I do admit that the new controller does look nice. These are quality controllers, the joysticks are a little sensitive, but other than that they are good. Very Happy

rd2k
rank 2
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 8:14 pm
quote : #3
I might have to invest into one of these Shocked
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 9:27 pm
quote : #4
rd2k wrote:
I might have to invest into one of these Shocked

It's worth it, but beware that they are not good for Socom. Like I said in my recent post, the sticks are too sensitive and you tend to push the L3 and R3 buttons a lot on accident.

DRBagabundo
rank 9
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 9:37 pm
quote : #5
I personally don't like 3rd party accessories...especially EXPENSIVE ones. I'd rather use quality products from the first party.
XBOX - Ninja Gaiden & Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2004 3:05 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
DRBagabundo wrote:
I personally don't like 3rd party accessories...especially EXPENSIVE ones. I'd rather use quality products from the first party.

But Logitech did the official Playstation 2 USB Headset, as well as numerious keyboard devices for the PS2. Logitech is pretty reliable as far as products for the PS2. However that logitech controller is modeled after a PC controller.....so it might be terrible. Try before you buy.
rank 15
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2004 9:40 am
quote : #7
Just because it's moddled after a PC controller doesn't mean that it is terrible. I'm aware that most PC controllers are bad (I've been there), but you shouldn't make prejudgements quiet yet. It actually molds into the hand perfectly and feels a lot better and smoother than the standard PS2 controller. You should try it. Very Happy

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2004 5:02 pm
quote : #8
DRBagabundo wrote:
\
i know that is what i tell everyone and they dont understand why i do ....

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2004 8:20 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Just because it's moddled after a PC controller doesn't mean that it is terrible. I'm aware that most PC controllers are bad (I've been there), but you shouldn't make prejudgements quiet yet. It actually molds into the hand perfectly and feels a lot better and smoother than the standard PS2 controller. You should try it. Very Happy

No re-read what I said. I said a lot of PC controllers are terrible so try before you buy. I said exactly what you replied with hehe just different wording.
rank 16
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2004 8:49 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
Try before you buy.

just curious but where can i go try out a controller ....

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2004 10:43 pm
quote : #11
actually when it comes to third party stuff i go with madcatz. U might say well it might be cheaply made well i dont care cuz they always give u a 5year warrenty. Even the sony warrenty dosnt come close to that.

Posted Wed May 05, 2004 10:45 pm:

Oh yea and most of the games we play are 3rd party so why not use 3rd party accessories.