Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Yes, if you've seen my posts over in the Dreamcast section, you've probably noticed that I'm kind of on a Bomberman kick right now. Sorry if it's getting old.

I do have a real point here, though. I've seen that there's a PS2 "Bomberman Online" game that was scheduled for release in Japan during the summer of 2003. You can check out some very nice screenshots at The MagicBox:
http://www.the-magicbox.com/game062703a.htm

It looks really good (but I do of course understand that I probably wouldn't be able to use it online here in North America).

So someone on the GameFAQs board claims they actually have it, but the official website still looks like it's not out yet. Does anyone have any more concrete news on this?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:49 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Its not out yet, it is coming out this November in Japan, check the main page or the news forum for the latest information on this game.
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:07 pm
quote : #3
Gotcha. Sorry; I don't know how I missed the News area. Especially since the word "news" was in the title of my thread. My bad.

Mmm... Bomberman Online. Delicious.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:17 pm
quote : #4
Since there are so many different bomberman's on so many different platforms. Which in your opinion (out of the ones yo u have played) is your favorite Bomberman?
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:30 pm
quote : #5
Number one would have to be Saturn Bomberman. It looks great, sounds great, and you have to appreciate 10-player battle mode (though I admit I've only had that going once). Even with only 2-8 players, I still like it the best.

Honorable mention goes to Super Bomberman on the SNES (my first experience with Bomberman) and Bomberman Online on the Dreamcast (plus the original 1-player NES one is fun every once in a while, just for kicks), but Saturn Bomberman still takes the cake.

Somehow I just don't feel Bomberman in 3D (which is where all the newer versions seem to want to go). To me, the ultimate Bomberman game would be on a console like the PS2 with online capabilities that are easy for everyone to use (and will continue to be for the forseeable future), and in total 2D. Imagine a Bomberman game that was along the lines of Guilty Gear X2; completely 2D but in very hi-res, with the only 3D accelleration being used for maybe a few "special effects" to add a little touch to explosions and the like (but used very lightly, if at all).

Looking to the future and Bomberman Online for the PS2, it looks like it may be 3D, but from the trailers I've seen (found on IGN), it really might give Saturn Bomberman a run for its money. I can't wait.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:04 am
quote : #6
Personally I love BMO on dreamcast. I thought the cellshading and 3D vectors made the game look beautiful. My favorite Bomberman would have to be Neo Bomberman on the neo-geo AES console. DC BMO comes in 2nd.

If you check the screenshots section here on the PS2 site there are some screens of BMO for the PS2.
rank 9
Posted:
Fri May 07, 2004 11:05 am
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
...My favorite Bomberman would have to be Neo Bomberman on the neo-geo AES console. DC BMO comes in 2nd...

So is Neo Bomberman still your favorite? Played any other Bomberman games lately? Wink
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri May 07, 2004 1:02 pm
quote : #8
martianviking wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
...My favorite Bomberman would have to be Neo Bomberman on the neo-geo AES console. DC BMO comes in 2nd...

So is Neo Bomberman still your favorite? Played any other Bomberman games lately? Wink

Neo Bomberman is no longer my favorite. I have been playing Bomberman Online for the DC addictivly for the past 4-5 months and that is now my all time favorite bomberman game period, DC Bomberman Online. The music, the characters, the clear graphics and effects...everything about the game consumes me and will be my fav Bomberman Game of all time.

#1: Bomberman Online - Dreamcast

#2: (Tie) Neo Bomberman + Saturn Bomberman
rank 9
Posted:
Fri May 07, 2004 1:45 pm
quote : #9
Nice, nice. I can appreciate that.

EDIT: I've read elsewhere that there has been a lot of word suggesting that "Net de Bomberman" will not be coming to the USA. I guess it's time to really figure out whether or not the JP version wll work outside of Japan. Bah.